BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and let me know. I noticed my was scratched a while back and was blaming everyone under the sun for doing it (except myself, of course), but I found another board member this summer who's plenum M badge was also scratched. Now run into the garage, or where ever you keep your M5's, and please me know what you find!!! Do you think I can get it replaced by my dealer? :hihi:

Thanks!

Anita

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: TINY CRISIS--Quick, Go Check To See If Your M Plenum Badge Is Scratched Too......

Ooooo, Ooooo I got a new M emblem (part#51-15-2-694-404) and even a new trunk emblem (#51-14-8-203-864), that was discolored, something I just noticed recently. I'M ONE HAPPY CAMPER!!

My best theory now as to why my plenum badge got scratched was due to the dust and dirt that embarassingly collects there--maybe being rubbed on the plenum by that fabricy thing attached to the bottom side of the hood???

Anita

·
Registered
530 Posts
Anita:

My plenum badge is definately discolored. Probably from rubbing on the hood insulation and sound deadening material. If you look at the underside of the hood, you can see the real snug fit there. With the temperature swings in the hood this is not surprising.

Good luck with the new badges. Let us know if they increase the butt-ometer experience.;)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Hey guys...my M5 badge on the engine cover was badly discolored...kind of burned looking...it looks brand new now that I waxed it with some cleaner wax. Anyone with a discolored badge...might help to wax it. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine is scratched very bad. I first noticed this months ago while putting in oil. Like stated above, it appears to have been rubbing against the insulation.

Rayman
2003 M5 (16K miles)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Re: TINY CRISIS--Quick, Go Check To See If Your M Plenum Badge Is Scratched Too......

yeah, mine was scratched too. really badly. i can't figure it out, how?

anyways, i have bigger things to worry about, my beast recently got rear ended. so you can imagine what i am going through.

emperor:viking: :crying: :confused2 ouich :crying2: hmmm :sad1:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Anita, my plenum cover is in decent shape (only have 12,000 km on her) but thanks for the part numbers, I'm sure down the road they will come in handy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
962 Posts

Mine is scratched due to a screw head on the insulation directly above the badge.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

EMPEROR said:
anyways, i have bigger things to worry about, my beast recently got rear ended. so you can imagine what i am going through.

emperor:viking: :crying: :confused2 ouich :crying2: hmmm :sad1:
EMPEROR,

So sorry to here that!!! Totally sucks!! And best of luck with the repairs!!!

Yeah, makes a badge problem look really, really small in comparison.

ATLANTA M5 said:
Hey guys...my M5 badge on the engine cover was badly discolored...kind of burned looking...it looks brand new now that I waxed it with some cleaner wax. Anyone with a discolored badge...might help to wax it. :)
My trunk roudel badge looked like it was chipped, but up close you could tell it was under the what I think is laminate layer (?). Funny thing is the front roundel is just fine--the rest of the hood looks trashed by paint chips.

Anita

1 - 9 of 9 Posts