BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lightly tint just the red portion of my tail lights but do not want to spray them... I would like to have them tinted with film in order to keep it reversable.... My tint guy refuses to do it as he said it will scratch or tear... anyone here know where I can have it done? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I want to lightly tint just the red portion of my tail lights but do not want to spray them... I would like to have them tinted with film in order to keep it reversable.... My tint guy refuses to do it as he said it will scratch or tear... anyone here know where I can have it done? Thanks!!!
find a place locally that does those vinyl car coverings, you know for people who advertize on their cars and such. anyway some of those guys also will specialize in tints, clear bras etc. good luck.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Funny, I asked my tint guy at ProTint who is tinting my car Thursday about doing a light tint/smoke on the taillights. He said he could do it, but it's illegal as hell:) Basically, he said it's my call.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
find a place locally that does those vinyl car coverings, you know for people who advertize on their cars and such. anyway some of those guys also will specialize in tints, clear bras etc. good luck.
I cant find anyone....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I was told that Night Shade spray is easily reversible so just have it sprayed to the amount of shading you desire.

Reactions: BD 997

·
Registered
50 Posts
lamin-x.com has these covers for the
lights. i have called them and am having
difficulty getting through. Check out their website though.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
lamin-x.com has these covers for the
lights. i have called them and am having
difficulty getting through. Check out their website though.
That stuff looks great if applied properly, but I helped a friend put it on his E46 M3 and it's difficult to get all the bubbles out. And the M3 taillights are smooth all around. With the ridges/raised edges on an E60, I imagine it will be even more difficult. Good luck and post pics when you get it done.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
There's a guy who's done a few guys' cars on here. His website is jonstintedtails.com Apparently he does a good job, you can check out his website. He also does custom, he will do it however you want, but you have to ship out your lights to him..

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
There's a guy who's done a few guys' cars on here. His website is jonstintedtails.com Apparently he does a good job, you can check out his website. He also does custom, he will do it however you want, but you have to ship out your lights to him..
I had mine done by him. Not a film. It's spray tint with clearcoat, thus not easily reversible.

·
Registered
174 Posts
$100 here in Tejas... Keep seeing some guys on the Board with the turn signals uncovered and think I might make the change someday, but then I walk up to the beast and just can't change her... She looks so darn evil...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I just shot them an email... BONEHEAD's car lookin hot on their website....

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same. It should look pretty cool with the led tails on the 08's. Just having a tough time finding out if it's illegal or not in NJ.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Thanks Bill. Yours can too if you buy my taillight covers:haha:
Have you had any issues with the tinted tails and the cops? :confused2

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm thinking about doing the same. It should look pretty cool with the led tails on the 08's. Just having a tough time finding out if it's illegal or not in NJ.
im sure if we go light its ok...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts