BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions before talking to dealer tomorrow and making decision:

(1) Should I get BMW to tint windows or can anyone recommend any other company in South-East, preferably in London. Prices roughly would be appreciated, and quality of finish.

(2) Anyone had any luck with insurance for the M5 ? Again any recommendations ?

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Autoshades in South London (Sutton) are very good, and professional. Not too expensive either. Probably worth a call.

http://www.autoshades.co.uk/

Saigon said:
Two questions before talking to dealer tomorrow and making decision:

(1) Should I get BMW to tint windows or can anyone recommend any other company in South-East, preferably in London. Prices roughly would be appreciated, and quality of finish.

(2) Anyone had any luck with insurance for the M5 ? Again any recommendations ?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Insurance for M5

Thanks for the recommendation.

In the epic quest to get insurance.. I tried 10 different firms today. Most are quoting over £2500. I am 34 yrs with 6 year NCB, but being in London really pushes up premium. Apparently most companies won't assign M5 final insurnace grouping until mid-April, so some quotes may come in lower after that time. No doubt it will be group 20.

However, BMW insurance quoted me £1750 including NCB protected with my wife also on policy. So I will be going with them for now. Looking at policy it appears very comprehensive and obviously ideally tailored to a BMW.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Re: Insurance for M5

Saigon said:
Thanks for the recommendation.

However, BMW insurance quoted me £1750 including NCB protected with my wife also on policy. So I will be going with them for now. Looking at policy it appears very comprehensive and obviously ideally tailored to a BMW.
:thumbsup:

Is that £1750/year?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Saigon said:
yes, annual premium. Monthly payment rate APR 25.5% bit steep, better to pay in one go.
Try Privelege (if you haven't already)...my TVR costs less than £1,000 per year and that's obviously group 20, soft top, low quality security etc., and I leave it on the street overnight in London ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
virage1 said:
Try Privelege (if you haven't already)...my TVR costs less than £1,000 per year and that's obviously group 20, soft top, low quality security etc., and I leave it on the street overnight in London ;)
Wow, thanks reduced premium to £1267. Earlier on their website they said that price of the car was too much. Spoke to the operator and I have an existing policy due to start later this month and they just amended it. Insurance companies are truly weird...Directline quoted me £2200...but the strange thing is that both companies are owned by Royal Bank of Scotland group. Ho hum...I'm not complaining.

Thanks again virage1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts