BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
So, my question is...

I have already paid for the track night and was wondering if it is canceled due to rain, will I get my money back? Or was the money for the track night going towards donations?
I will have to let Eurocharged answer that one. I am just going to let the $50 I paid go to the charity fund....... (yes, I had to pay, LOL)

Tim,

I'll take the positive outlook and figure the drag racing is still on.

I am curious though, looking at the drive from Chicago, if I don't make it in time for caravan that is headed to the track from the hotels, can we just go there and drive to the pit area? I am not going to drive, I just want to watch.

Will they know we are with Timmayfest from a name list or no? Thanks.
We will be on site around 330 - 4pm. I do not think anyone from the track will be there until around that time as well. The track is reserved as BMW/Mercedes night. When you show up in a BMW/Mercedes, I'm pretty sure they will know why you are there. LOL........ Yes, you can park and not race.

Reactions: Wi_KeD_M5

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I have been to this track once before. You can pull in and just park in the lot.

(You say, "hey he's from NY, how is it he's been there before?") This is one of the closer tracks to where my brother lives, and we went there with some of his work friends from Honda R&D. Funny thing is their work car show is Friday and initially they were going to go to the track again this year, (corvette, turbo S2000, vintage dodge challenger, and a motorcycle) only to find out it's privately rented... hehehe.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Tim, keep me up on the weather and if you're not going to the Drag Strip as it's a 2 hour drive each way for me.

Text me, that's if you don't get arrested tonight :hihi:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Tim, keep me up on the weather and if you're not going to the Drag Strip as it's a 2 hour drive each way for me.

Text me, that's if you don't get arrested tonight :hihi:
One of us came close last night.....

:hihi:

It went something like this......

:cheers:

:margarita:

:wroom:

:M5launch:

:icon_police:

:sprint00:

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
soooo, what were some times!?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Clayton, whom Im sure youve seen run in Maryland ran the fastest time in his SL600. I wanna say it was high 10's low 11's. Adam will be able to tell you for sure.

The next fastest I believe was a CLS 55 AMG.

Steve posted some really nice times (dont remember exactly) in his SC'd E39 M5.

I ran for the first time (Virgin) and I was in the 13's for most of my runs except the 2 runs I broke loose and almost sideways in my 1st to 2nd shift.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Well, let see...

Track ran slightly uphill.

Decent headwind.

VHT? What VHT??

DA of 3065. :eek:h:

Fastest of the M5's was Steve's Beast. I saw a best of 12.6 @ 113. He says he trapped higher at some point but could not produce the slip. :hihi:

Most N/A E39's were high 13's to low 14's traps of 102-103.

I piloted the S3 against Steve on one run and he edged me out 12.8 @ 112 vs. 13.0 @ 110. Traction, even on heated DR's, was awful. 60's in the low 2's and nasty wheelspin on the 1-2 upshift. Regardless of the horrid conditions, it was an honor to drive Ray's S3.

My car never saw the track as the rain put an end to the fun before I could swap out the DR's.

We need to do this every year. Fun factor = very high.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Adam do you remember Clayton's times or Peter's? (SLS 55 AMG)

Maybe some of those CLK times?

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Adam do you remember Clayton's times or Peter's? (SLS 55 AMG)

Maybe some of those CLK times?
I think Clayton went 11.7 in the SL600. That thing will move. There were other AMG's that went high 11's too.

I saw Peter rip off a 16.0 on one pass in the S3. :haha: It isn't as easy as it looks. ;)

I missed a lot of the action as I spend much of the time scrambling around the pit area like a freak. Just when I got ready to race, the rain came. :sad3: Still, great seeing others go at it for once. Watching you and Tim go heads up several times was highly entertaining.

Use this DA calculator to get an idea of what your times and trap speeds would theoretically be a 0 DA conditons. Much better, you'll see.

DA Calculator - Density Altitude Calculator - DragTimes.com

Reactions: Hdhntr23

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah, was horrible day to race, as far was the Density Altitude was concerned. My car ran a bazillion 11.7x's at 120mph over and over. It's normally a basement 11 second car at 125mph. The car never dead hooked, not once. The track couldn't hold the big horsepower cars, and on my very first run, I came within inches of putting it off of the end of track, into the field. There wasn't enough shutdown area for cars trapping 120.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I was like a crack addict. MAN THAT WAS FUN! Jake already stated they are coming back next year, and we are doing it again!!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!

Thank you EVERYONE for coming! Thank you Eurocharged for supporting the track and Marcus for setting it up!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I think Clayton went 11.7 in the SL600. That thing will move. There were other AMG's that went high 11's too.

I saw Peter rip off a 16.0 on one pass in the S3. :haha: It isn't as easy as it looks. ;)

I missed a lot of the action as I spend much of the time scrambling around the pit area like a freak. Just when I got ready to race, the rain came. :sad3: Still, great seeing others go at it for once. Watching you and Tim go heads up several times was highly entertaining.

Use this DA calculator to get an idea of what your times and trap speeds would theoretically be a 0 DA conditons. Much better, you'll see.

DA Calculator - Density Altitude Calculator - DragTimes.com
As Im sure youre well aware it was even more fun DOING it!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Did anyone happen to get videos of Tim and I racing?

Reactions: timmay77

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
If anyone does have pictures/videos of me running, I would GREATLY appreciate access to them.

Lunker325 emailed me a link I will forward to you Chris of 2 videos on youtube.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Yah I got em Tim but work blocks YouTube... FML.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
People caught both of my runs on video - they are great examples of my car going pretty slow hiha

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 · (Edited)
People caught both of my runs on video - they are great examples of my car going pretty slow :lol:
It sounded like a jet engine! SO AWESOME......

PS, I got to drive it fellas. Eat your heart out!! (Thanks Rob, btw)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I was like a crack addict. MAN THAT WAS FUN! Jake already stated they are coming back next year, and we are doing it again!!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!

Thank you EVERYONE for coming! Thank you Eurocharged for supporting the track and Marcus for setting it up!!!!!!
Guys: Hey Tim, are you gonna run on the track?
Tim: Yeah, I'll go one time.

... an hour later ...

Guys: Tim, time to go!
Tim: Just one more, just one more!

LMAO! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much Tim!

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
LMAO at all of this! I warned you that drag racing was on the short list of the "the most fun you can have with you clothes on". And you guys thought I was the only one out of his mind. :3: Welcome to the club!

If you want some real drag racing fun, you guys need to come my way in, say, October/November when it's nice and cool. The track here (MIR) is world class and you will go faster. Much faster! And they are as relaxed or more than MCIR was with regard to guys standing wherever they want.

Now bring on those videos!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Here are the two videos that I took with my Iphone. Not too great, sorry.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts