BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Hey, I just decided to look up the drag racing night, as it looks like I will be leaving for Ohio Friday morning, giving me plenty of time to make it to the track. I won't make it to the lunch, mostly because I'd be driving a lot of extra to go South, just to head North back to the track.

Not sure if I will race, but certainly want to watch. I will bring my SNELL 2005 motorcycle helmet incase I race, or to rent out (JK! I mean for someone to borrow it!)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Hey, I just decided to look up the drag racing night, as it looks like I will be leaving for Ohio Friday morning, giving me plenty of time to make it to the track. I won't make it to the lunch, mostly because I'd be driving a lot of extra to go South, just to head North back to the track.

Not sure if I will race, but certainly want to watch. I will bring my SNELL 2005 motorcycle helmet incase I race, or to rent out (JK! I mean for someone to borrow it!)
IIRC SNELL 2005 doesn't cut it any more. If they are checking it has to be SNELL 2008 or newer.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
IIRC SNELL 2005 doesn't cut it any more. If they are checking it has to be SNELL 2008 or newer.

Hmm. Interesting. I haven't been to my local track this year at all yet (to race), but last year it was fine to use the SNELL 2005 while racing my motorcycle. They follow IHRA rules, and enforce strictly. If you run too fast for specified equipment you would be done for the night, and they would remember you for next week and would check to see if you added the proper equipment. Most common problem would be the "slower" cars running low 8's without a driveshaft loop or cars needing a roll bar. (1/8 mile track)

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Yep I saw that. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
and I just noticed it was kelster that posted both. it looks like he posted this one first and forgot to update it with the info he posted in the other.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
and I just noticed it was kelster that posted both. it looks like he posted this one first and forgot to update it with the info he posted in the other.
My bad for not updating my original post.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I have never drag raced, or even been to a track before, but I am going to assume that shorts, flip flops, or other clothing of that type would not pass inspection for running? I would guess, full pants, shoes, and shirt would be required? I may be completely wrong though. I plan on wearing jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
You are correct Tim.

I feel flipflops should be outlawed entirely, but that is personal choice. :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Reactions: rao

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have never drag raced, or even been to a track before, but I am going to assume that shorts, flip flops, or other clothing of that type would not pass inspection for running? I would guess, full pants, shoes, and shirt would be required? I may be completely wrong though. I plan on wearing jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt.
correct.

No sandals/flip flops and long pants required (jeans)

If the track is not going to tech the cars, then we will personally. All we are looking for is non missing lug bolts, no dripping fluid loss, and overall safetly.

:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
It looks like rain is probable for the upcoming weekend, is there a backup plan just in case?
Drinking at the hotel bar. Duh.....

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
It looks like rain is probable for the upcoming weekend, is there a backup plan just in case?

I was wondering the same thing. This could effect my travel plans/times.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Oh well, the hotel is booked so

+1 for Benz-O-Rama lol..

or

strip club??

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
If the drags get rained out, we will just head back to the hotel area, find a bar, and drink away our sorrows.

If we do get rained out, I'm going to hunt down Mother Nature and donkey punch her. Lol. I keed I keed. Lol.

Reactions: al-x

·
Registered
910 Posts
If the drags get rained out, we will just head back to the hotel area, find a bar, and drink away our sorrows.

If we do get rained out, I'm going to hunt down Mother Nature and donkey punch her. Lol. I keed I keed. Lol.
So, my question is...

I have already paid for the track night and was wondering if it is canceled due to rain, will I get my money back? Or was the money for the track night going towards donations?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tim,

I'll take the positive outlook and figure the drag racing is still on.

I am curious though, looking at the drive from Chicago, if I don't make it in time for caravan that is headed to the track from the hotels, can we just go there and drive to the pit area? I am not going to drive, I just want to watch.

Will they know we are with Timmayfest from a name list or no? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
All,

There have been some last minute additions to this year's meet that I think everyone will appreciate. If the rain holds off, this will be a VERY exciting weekend! I have a few tricks up my sleeve. LOL.....

Also, if we do happen to get rained out at the track, we will all get cleaned up at the hotel to go out to The Pub Polaris(see below) to start with. If we get back early enough, a group of us are considering heading downtown to The Arena District. If you need to get a hold of me that day, I have my iPhone with me 24/7 for email ~ t.hallman77 (at) yahoo (dot) com ~, PM's, texts, or phone calls. I'd rather not list my cell number online, but if you want it, email or PM me.

The Pub Polaris
1554 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, OH 43240-4085
(614) 781-7829

41 - 60 of 93 Posts