BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Banned
444 Posts
Info posted

Hey Everyone....

We have everything setup on the site to take care of registration. Please go ahead and get registered/paid for the drag event if you are attending. That way we can plan appropriately. I also want to make note that we are not profiting off the drag event. If any money over the rental fee is made, it will be donated to Make a Wish. ALSO, we will run the drag event no matter if I have the only car running lol. Eurocharged will help with the sponsorship of the event by making up any difference for the track if we are short!

Timmayfest 2011!

Please send me an email to [email protected] and let me know if you are attending dinner, and how many your bringing. We will be taking care of tracking that as well for Tim.

We also have on the webpage, signup for both dyno runs and tuning. We are MASSIVELY discounting our tuning for the day. If anyone isn't tuned you definately want to jump on this.

EUROCHARGED M5 TUNING REVIEW

Oh, and ya, we are going to give away another FREE tune that day!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I will be there.......I can't wait!!!!!

1. Timmay77 - E39 M5
2. Marcus - CLS55
3. Jake (Eurocharged) - E55 AMG
4. herrubermensch - E39 M5
5. Kelster - E39 M5
6. hdhntr23 - E39 M5
7. Clemster - E39 M5
8. TravisBurrell - E39 M5
9. Lunker325 - E39 M5
10. 5thGen - E39 M5
11. 4doors? - E39 M5
12. REKIII - E39 M5
13.mkaehly - E39 M5
14.Infamous Q - E39 M5

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have a question about the track...

Is only one person allowed in each vehicle on the track? Or can there be two in each? (passenger recording video)

I wanna get some good videos for Gustav.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I will be there definitely to watch but still up in the air about going down the track. I'm just afraid with my luck I will break something then I would be stuck in OH hundreds of miles away from home.

·
Banned
444 Posts

Is only one person allowed in each vehicle on the track? Or can there be two in each? (passenger recording video)

I personally do not know, but we also have camera mounts so getting some good video won't be a problem

I will be there definitely to watch but still up in the air about going down the track. I'm just afraid with my luck I will break something then I would be stuck in OH hundreds of miles away from home.
i hear ya, but then again we have a lot of great people that can help fix things, and some dealers close by for parts! lol

·
Registered
6,014 Posts

If they are a NHRA or IHRA sanctioned track they won't allow riders for any car that is faster than 13.99, but for a closed event they might be a little more flexible. I wouldn't plan on being able to ride in any of the cars.

The track's website says it is sanctioned by AHRA (which is a new one to me) and that organization's website is dead, so who knows....

Also, for private rentals it looks like they only open one lane so no side by side racing.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
There will be side by side racing.

It will not be NHRA rules. This is the reason we went to this track over another one on the East side of Columbus.

There will be NO passengers in the car.

You MUST be wearing an approved helmet to run.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
do I need to sigh up if I'm just going to watch?

can I sign up at the gate if I do decide to run my car?

I am still undecided on racing my car but definitely want to go and hang out at the track and watch.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I concur with this. With my luck, I'll burn up a clutch, Guibo etc and need parts on top of the recent mods. I feel your apprehension.

·
Registered
93 Posts
do I need to sigh up if I'm just going to watch?

can I sign up at the gate if I do decide to run my car?

I am still undecided on racing my car but definitely want to go and hang out at the track and watch.
nope, all are invited and encouraged to come and watch free of charge. If you wanna run, you can pay at the track!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Will anyone be kind enough to let me use their helmet for a couple runs? if not, ill have to run out to ohio to borrow a buddies if he isn't autoxing that weekend.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
If we don't run the car, can we still walk around the pits and chat with the other timmayfesters? If we are barred from the pits, I'll pay to race just to do that.

The strips around here are pretty open, but I know some places are real strict.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
If we don't run the car, can we still walk around the pits and chat with the other timmayfesters? If we are barred from the pits, I'll pay to race just to do that.

The strips around here are pretty open, but I know some places are real strict.
Absolutely. All are welcome to come hang out.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It looks like we are going to do lunch on Friday, June 10th, at 1pm. (before heading to the drag strip)

(you're going to love this)

BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
1414 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, OH 43240
Phone: 614.885.1800

Polaris | BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse

Reactions: Clemster

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
It looks like we are going to do lunch on Friday, June 10th, at 1pm. (before heading to the drag strip)

1414 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, OH 43240

Sounds like fun Tim, I love BJ's with my lunch! However, we might want to go easy on the Brewhouse part before we go drag racing. :hihi:

Reactions: timmay77

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

1414 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, OH 43240

I am leaving NOVA early friday morning I don't think I could make it there in time for the lunch:sad3:...I mean I could:M5launch: but I should not speed.....

Reactions: timmay77

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sounds like fun Tim, I love BJ's with my lunch! However, we might want to go easy on the Brewhouse part before we go drag racing. :hihi:

Pffffff... Why take all the fun outta it?

......and just so everyone knows, this will be my first drag race. Don't laugh at me.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts