BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 770 Posts

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
The interstate was a suitable race track last year. The only real downside being that I crapped myself riding with Marcus.:eek:h:

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Cough....airport racing...cough
A friend of mine is a pilot and has spent a good amount of time trying to make this happen. Finding an airport to do such a thing isn't exactly easy, nor safe. This is why we are setting up the "drag night" Friday evening before the Fest.....

·
13,589 Posts
A friend of mine is a pilot and has spent a good amount of time trying to make this happen. Finding an airport to do such a thing isn't exactly easy, nor safe. This is why we are setting up the "drag night" Friday evening before the Fest.....
I've done both. I'd much rather do the airport racing than drag racing. Drag strips tend to be much more slick. So long as the runway isnt super short it'd be fine. Also, you'll need an event liability waiver (I have one, should you need it).

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I've done both. I'd much rather do the airport racing than drag racing. Drag strips tend to be much more slick. So long as the runway isnt super short it'd be fine. Also, you'll need an event liability waiver (I have one, should you need it).
Agreed about the waiver, already taken care of, thank you though! The airport racing is just not possible here. We are working the details out for the drag strip, hopefully some time this week. I want to get this nailed down.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Are you driving or flying?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Ideally, Driving. If it doesnt work out for me, then a flight might be in order.
If it does come to flying, your transportation to/from the airport will be taken car of 100% brother. No worries.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Just ask Steve about being picked up at CMH last August.... LOL.....

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
If you CAN drive, rouse up some of the South East boys to join you. I know there are a few guys down there that I will see at 4ngiefest I plan on trying to talk into attending.

·
13,589 Posts
If you CAN drive, rouse up some of the South East boys to join you. I know there are a few guys down there that I will see at 4ngiefest I plan on trying to talk into attending.
I'm working on it. Not many willing to make the long trek. Might be worth shipping the cars up there if we can get a group rate. It's ~1200 mi each way.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I am coming from Pittsburgh.

I can't wait for the drive. It really helps if you drive with others. Like Tim said.

GOD I can't wait to see so many BMWs together and especially M5s.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i am in as long as the mb crowd is welcome again, last year was a blast!!

1. Timmay77 - Columbu, OH
2. hdhntr23 - Cinci, OH
3. Lunker325 - Columbus, OH
4. herrubermensch - New York, NY or Richmond, VA, LOL
5. Kelster & Kelster Jr. - New York, NY
6. Clemster - Dayton, MD
7. Mx5 - Columbus, OH
8. mkaehly - Pittsburgh, PA
9. REKIII - West Bend, WI
10. havastusteve03Beast - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
11. OSHPE55 - Columbus, OH
12. tradin1 - Bumfukegypt, Outer Space
13. 930chas - Merryland
14. lanza360 - Fairfax
15. TravisBurrell - Pittsburgh, PA
16. chun007007 - Columbus , OH
17. TQ2K - West Chester, PA - Tentative but already booked Hotel Room @ Hilton!
18. scowil- Erie, PA

101 - 120 of 770 Posts