BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I would like to form a committee with pretty much everyone that showed up at Adam's house, and Jake of course, if you guys would be so kind as to help. I consider you all my "close" friends, people I can trust, to take care of things. Except maybe Raza, damn kids. LOL.
An addition to this - I'm sure the members of said comittee would be willing to front some cash to get things rolling. I know I would expect no payback, just a great event.

An idea.....as i know funding is always a hardship, one that should not be covered by 1 or 2 individuals.

Bob

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks Bob. Every penny I spent last year was repaid ten fold by the friends I made that weekend. I can't wait to see you guys again next year!

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I am waiting back from the owner of National Trails Raceway on a cost for renting out the track for a Saturday.

I am leaning towards everyone meeting up someplace Friday afternoon and all of us cruising out to National Trails Raceway to do some drag racing during their "Test and Tune" night. Then just having a meet again at someplace like Quaker Steak and Lube. It worked out pretty well last year. I would like to find someplace that has 220v for the dyno and has plenty of power for the DJ. The guy that did the DJ last year has A LOT of equipment. He couldn't use hardly any of it because he didn't have enough power. It would have been nice to have a better sound system set up. Then again, I'm a music freak, and maybe it's not that big of a deal. Brian over at Ohiobimmer.com is looking into getting us a hanger at an airport. he is into the flying thing.....

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Good ideas, Tim, all! If the airport hangar doesn't work out, then I agree: drags Friday night, then back to the Quaker Steak & Lube for a meet the next day. Dinner somewhere Saturday night together, then a night of carousing, then breakfast Sunday and home.

If the hangar works out, the possibilities are endless! Probably would need to have some catered food brought in.

--Peter

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Good ideas, Tim, all! If the airport hangar doesn't work out, then I agree: drags Friday night, then back to the Quaker Steak & Lube for a meet the next day. Dinner somewhere Saturday night together, then a night of carousing, then breakfast Sunday and home.

If the hangar works out, the possibilities are endless! Probably would need to have some catered food brought in.

--Peter
If we have to cater food, I am willing to either 1) bring a dish or 2 or 2) pay $ to chip in for catering.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I am waiting back from the owner of National Trails Raceway on a cost for renting out the track for a Saturday.....
Tim,

I'd be very surprised if National Trails Raceway
would agree to do a private rental on a Saturday, probably one of their busiest days of the week. At the very least they would ask that you pay what they would lose from a 'public' rental (including concessions), plus a 10 to 15% mark up. That should become a non-issue if we bring a larger population of M5s.

Does National Trails have a website? FWIW, Atco has a section for private rentals on theirs -

Welcome to the home of Atco Raceway - It's all about the Speed!!

and available dates have never been on weekends. They also limit the number of participants to 15 cars. Good luck.

--Ray
:cheers:

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Nice, so now its turning in to some hillbilly pot-luck fest out a 1/4 track! Just what I want to eat is your cold crap driven from 2 hours away!
Now THAT is pretty freaking funny, Chris, you have to admit!

That being said, like Chris, I will contribute to the catered-food fund.

Marcus, I promise to come smoking my corn-cob pipe, just to make you happy!

--Peter

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Nice, so now its turning in to some hillbilly pot-luck fest out a 1/4 track! Just what I want to eat is your cold crap driven from 2 hours away!
You sure do got a pretty mouth boy.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Reminds me of when a colleague in the bankruptcy bar (now a judge) once said to me, upon seeing my goatee for the first time: "You know what they call that, don't you? A prison p*ssy!"

--Peter
Well done. I literally LOL'd there.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
chicago would be dope...just because its chicago and semi central US.

steve are we rendezvousing again?

gotta be during some school break though, only chance i can make it during the year...fml

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
No worries, Marcus. I'll eat yours and mine. And as a bonus, you can pay for it. Sound fair? Sound familiar??:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Chicago? Where did chicago come from. Chicago is waay closer for me. Not that I cared about the drive but that would definitely free up some of my weekend.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
No worries, Marcus. I'll eat yours and mine. And as a bonus, you can pay for it. Sound fair? Sound familiar??:biggrin:
Im not bringing my hillbilly dish AND paying for BOTH of your meals. I fell for that move last year. :hihi:

·
Banned
174 Posts
Your an ***! You still owe me......I forgot you ate my damn dinner while I attended to my poor kids!

Reminds me of when a colleague in the bankruptcy bar (now a judge) once said to me, upon seeing my goatee for the first time: "You know what they call that, don't you? A prison p*ssy!"

--Peter
That had me on the floor!

Im not bringing my hillbilly dish AND paying for BOTH of your meals. I fell for that move last year. :hihi:
Maybe you can bring your stupid smelly used shoe collection and we can make it a Flea Market day as well!

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Your an ***! You still owe me......I forgot you ate my damn dinner while I attended to my poor kids!

That had me on the floor!

Maybe you can bring your stupid smelly used shoe collection and we can make it a Flea Market day as well!
:rofl:

41 - 60 of 200 Posts
About this Discussion
199 Replies
24 Participants
tradin1
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing