BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,so im looking to do another upgrade on the car,as of now,i got the SS x-pipe,and race cans,and custom air intakes.
Question is,i want another mod to make some more power,and make some more noise too,so im probably leaning towards getting some headers,and software upgrade.Would this be a good choice for next mods?
Only trouble im having finding info on so far is the software,where do i get it,what type do i get? Im unsure about that stuff,thanks

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Headers are the best thing for more power. Mine are going on in the next few weeks. Software options range from powerchip, dinan, shark injector, AA, to name a few.

·
Registered
931 Posts
+1 for Headers.... More power, more noise. If you go this route, you will need to do the ECU software so your Air/Fuel ratio is correct. Too lean is BAD!!!! Too rich is lower power and waste of fuel.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Huge fun factor for headers. Incredible deep sound. Power and response. Not an easy install from what the shops told me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea im sure,i would definitely be doing the install at my shop though. About the software though,is that something that is just ordered and slapped in,or do you dyno the car to get an actual tune?

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Software is downloaded through OBC. Dinan is though local $tealer and PC either sends you the software or you can Fedex the OBC to them and they will Fedex it back to you.

·
Registered
931 Posts
that something that is just ordered and slapped in,or do you dyno the car to get an actual tune?
I did the PC original upload/download pre-header install. Later with many mods (no headers) I had the car dyno'd and PC tweeked the software. After I installed my headers (yes, I did it myself) I had the car re-dyno'd and provided the data charts (hp, torque and air fuel ratio) so the could apply the tweeks to my car particular needs. Car is running fine. A check of the spark plugs shows a nice color. Car runs fine!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts