BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first thanks to one of the board members for doing the photoshop for me. He will remain nameless as I don't want him to become swamped by photoshop requests (he can chime in here if he desires).

Following in order are:
1) Stock wheels
2) ACS Type III Racing
3) HRE 547

Which do you prefer and also what size would you go with if other than stockers (19", 20" etc.)

If you think all 3 of these stink, make reference to what you would prefer.

Ryan

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
The originals look best to me.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I agree. Now that I have the car I am very pleased with the stock wheels. I have no intention of changing them. I will fit winter wheels & tyres but that's another matter altogether.

·
Registered
703 Posts
yes, stocks look better, if I would go aftemarket then Hartge it would be, same as Mats P, now that is top notch!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Of those 3, the stock definitely look better. I'd rank them in the order they're posted :
1) stock
2) ACS
3) HRE

However, I know HRE has some stuff that'll look great....

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
The standard wheels are by far the nicest... I don't like the others on it at all!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bunch of purists ;)

I don't know why, I'm just not that crazy about the wheels BMW has given us on the M. I just think some nice 19-20" HREs would really set the car off. But as Ashok has seen, maybe more attention is not what I want!

·
Registered
374 Posts
rjhoskins said:
Bunch of purists ;)

I don't know why, I'm just not that crazy about the wheels BMW has given us on the M. I just think some nice 19-20" HREs would really set the car off. But as Ashok has seen, maybe more attention is not what I want!
I once saw a picture of a black e60 5 series with the sport kit that had a set of Alpina 20" wheels from an E38 7 series fitted to it. And believe me that car looked AWESOME!!!!!!!

I will try and find it and post it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Stock

·
Registered
271 Posts
Out of the three, again definitely stock for me. I still quite like the Hartge 20" classics however

·
Registered
418 Posts
Opposite_Lock said:
Stock.

And I'm doubtful of the swarms of photoshop requests.... :hihi:

True, but that's just b/c the PS'd pics above were of wheels that no one is drooling over. The stock wheels are good but give us some more aftermarket choices and you'll see a flurry of PS requests :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts