BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
For sure...

I’m thinking of going to SoCal Euro at Qualcomm on Sunday. OMS is doing a caravan from their shop.

The only caveat — Ground Control sent the incorrect rear perch. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed.
ah! Kamil and I will be attending SoCal Euro this weekend. Hit me up if you end up going. Are you just waiting on that to install or have you installed everything else?

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ah! Kamil and I will be attending SoCal Euro this weekend. Hit me up if you end up going. Are you just waiting on that to install or have you installed everything else?
I think it's just that one part. The e60 is at OMS right now. They will get her buttoned up tomorrow or Saturday, at the latest.

We should definitely head to SoCal Euro.

On a side note, I was at OMS today messing with my e28m5 and e30 race car. The e30 is almost ready to race:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think it's just that one part. The e60 is at OMS right now. They will get her buttoned up tomorrow or Saturday, at the latest.

We should definitely head to SoCal Euro.

On a side note, I was at OMS today messing with my e28m5 and e30 race car. The e30 is almost ready to race:
View attachment 930512 View attachment 930513
I'm driving to SD on Saturday, anniversary weekend. I'm staying 1 mile away from the stadium. I'm meeting up with Kamil on Sunday. I need to check out your E30.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Some progress pics...
IMG_5916.jpg
IMG_5913.jpg
IMG_5914.jpg
IMG_5915.jpg

·
Registered
499 Posts
So here is a thought. When you adjust the ride height you are just loosening the spring tension until the car moves up or down? If the car were lower the strut would have less travel. Then you adjust the dampening for a firm or soft ride? The reason I ask is because I only want to lower the front and not the rear. I just adjusted the sag on my son's CR125 and we ran out of adjustment. Now we have to change the spring to get the correct sag and the damper in the middle of the travel.

I just did some research on bump stops because I put H&R's on my E38. The bump stop is actually and engineered part of the suspension to make it progressive. I don't see any on yours but you may not be looking for that feature in a track car.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Corner balancing with driver weight and baby seat!!!
885CB8A4-3FBA-4622-AC01-C5934AD1520F.jpeg
79DC6436-BBCB-4C36-8D15-7034CF733701.jpeg

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Still dialing in the dampening and rebound settings, but much better than before. I’m at -2.4 up front, but look at my shock towers. You can’t see my GC camber plates. I think I’d have to grind or trim, if I wanted to go to -2.1.

Car feels great. Got to play with a random MB GTR and R8 on the way home.

Will take her back down to OMS after getting in some miles, for any final adjustments. Seems pointless to corner balance a “squishy” street car, but why not?
7EC6D2F2-4647-4472-85BA-76095F23C193.jpeg
8E677D4F-45CB-4EC3-91C6-F1A848E75D60.jpeg
2EDB28DD-2369-4C80-9713-DBE180ADC89A.jpeg

·
2,169 Posts
Still dialing in the dampening and rebound settings, but much better than before. I’m at -2.5 up front, but look at my shock towers. You can’t see my GC camber plates. I think I’d have to grind or trim, if I wanted to go to -2.1.
View attachment 930932 View attachment 930933
You mean trim if you want more negative than the current -2.4 right? Weird why one side seems much closer to hitting the chassis. Pic angle maybe. Keep in mind the shock is held by a bushing so some movement will occur. Or is the GC plate shock mount solid?

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You mean trim if you want more negative than the current -2.4 right? Weird why one side seems much closer to hitting the chassis. Pic angle maybe. Keep in mind the shock is held by a bushing so some movement will occur. Or is the GC plate shock mount solid?
No, the GC plate is their street plate and not solid. We are going to let things "settle" and remeasure. Your eyes are not deceiving you at all.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Looks sick Woody! It’s probably going to be the best handling e60 M5 out there!! Love how you drive and treat your beast as a daily driver but still look out for its best interests. With all the money you’ve spent on the e60; you could have easily gotten a Euro exotic but you stay with BMW! Love it! Congrats!

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Looks sick Woody! It’s probably going to be the best handling e60 M5 out there!! Love how you drive and treat your beast as a daily driver but still look out for its best interests. With all the money you’ve spent on the e60; you could have easily gotten a Euro exotic but you stay with BMW! Love it! Congrats!
Thanks Javi! You know me, I'm committed to the NA m5 bloodline. No doubt an exotic would have been cheaper -- and that's not even including the e28 m5 restomod build. I "hear" there is a killer 1000whp f10 m5 for sale. Maybe I should look at that :oops:.

Back on topic, I'm telling you, you should treat your Beast to this set-up.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I just did some research on bump stops because I put H&R's on my E38. The bump stop is actually and engineered part of the suspension to make it progressive. I don't see any on yours but you may not be looking for that feature in a track car.
Bump stops for MCS are internal.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Think I’m gonna do it Woody! I’m also considering that 1000whp M5 but why did it lose to a stock e63s?

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Little update. All is good. MCS is sending a softer set of springs to see how they feel. Right now, the e60 really feels like an awesome track car v. canyon carver -- which means, she can go a little softer. It's nice that they are letting me dial in the finer details.

There is no drama, whatsoever. The grip is inspiring. Getting on the freeway today and pushing a 996 without any drama. I was on my headset/phone -- client didn't even know I was giving it some beans. At about 14 seconds in, I thought about taking the long way around. I had SO MUCH GRIP, but I was 1) on the phone, and 2) he had his right blinker on. I didn't want him to drift wide.

And another entrance ramp from today:

21 - 40 of 54 Posts