Discussion Starter #1
These are the latest M5 numbers for the US:

ON ORDER: 261

SCHEDULED FOR OR IN PRODUCTION: 37

PRODUCED NOT SHIPPED: 53

IN TRANSIT TO FINAL VPC: 154

AT FINAL PROCESSING CENTER: 28

DEALER INVENTORY: 62

Total: 595 Baby's......There are 121 more M5's in the pipeline then M6's btw!

Side note 595 Units times 500 Horsepower = 297,500 Horsepower Combined :biggrinbounce: :biggrinbounce: :biggrinbounce: :biggrinbounce: :biggrinbounce: :biggrinbounce:

Once again...I am more then willing to help you guys track your cars I just need the following information:

1) Name of Dealer
2) State the Dealer is in
3) Exterior Color
4) Interior Color be specfic please!!
5) Interior Trim
6) PM me pleasee.....everyone be safe!

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Bmw1986, as a courtesy to MaxTimeOff, I think it only fair here to note that there likely was a missing line item on your screen. I believe it should read something like this:

DRIFTING SOMEWHERE IN THE NORTH ATLANTIC: 1

:7:

·
Registered
829 Posts
This has been discussed before and I'm not sure wether you are the same guy, but why would anybody wan't to give you such detailed information about their car when they can obtain the same information through their dealer or BMW.

Why do you need such detailed information to track a car in the first place when a VIN or a production number is enough?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Why on earth would anyone want to give out their VIN before the car is registered frylord? That's a much more "interesting" piece of information to do stuff with on an unregistered car (loans, registration, insurance, etc.) than the info BMW1986 asked for. It gets much less interesting after the car has been registered and titled...

When I was at the dealer inquiring about mine, they had a spreadsheet with the VIN and order number info in it. To check on status they went to an online terminal-based system and didn't enter either the VIN or order number but rather their dealer code. From there they could see a list of all their cars and where they were. I expect that BMW1986 since he works at a BMW dealer would do the same tool, and since everyone can see everyone elses stuff in the BMW online system he can just lookup the dealer code and enter it, then spot your car in the list he gets using the other information provided.

There have been posts on here with dealerships getting PO'd and not wanting to provide "up-to-the-minute" info on car status, so sounds like BMW1986's offer would be a help for sure...

Craig

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cannot track by VIN or Production Numbers FYI.....

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wayward said:
Bmw1986, as a courtesy to MaxTimeOff, I think it only fair here to note that there likely was a missing line item on your screen. I believe it should read something like this:

DRIFTING SOMEWHERE IN THE NORTH ATLANTIC: 1

:7:
Hahahhahahaha

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CraigB said:
Why on earth would anyone want to give out their VIN before the car is registered frylord? That's a much more "interesting" piece of information to do stuff with on an unregistered car (loans, registration, insurance, etc.) than the info BMW1986 asked for. It gets much less interesting after the car has been registered and titled...

When I was at the dealer inquiring about mine, they had a spreadsheet with the VIN and order number info in it. To check on status they went to an online terminal-based system and didn't enter either the VIN or order number but rather their dealer code. From there they could see a list of all their cars and where they were. I expect that BMW1986 since he works at a BMW dealer would do the same tool, and since everyone can see everyone elses stuff in the BMW online system he can just lookup the dealer code and enter it, then spot your car in the list he gets using the other information provided.

There have been posts on here with dealerships getting PO'd and not wanting to provide "up-to-the-minute" info on car status, so sounds like BMW1986's offer would be a help for sure...

Craig
That is exactly right! We cannot track by VIN. We track by colors and equipment. I can access any car in the US!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts