BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if the majority of you are aware or not, but my M5 is up for sale. New priorities, different needs, and a change of pace mean it's just time to let go. I'll miss this one - she's special - but there will be other specials in the future.

Listing can be found below, the only thing that has been sold are my Schroth racing belts. Won't part anything else out. Someone please take her to a good home! Price has already been reduced from 30k to 28.5k.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/ca...-2001-e39-m5-jet-black-supercharged-more.html

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I did see that, and that is one sweet ride somebody is going to get! Well worth the price. I would consider it, but just picked up a C6 Corvette as my weekend fun car. Makes more sense than having a hot rodded and stock version of the E39 M5! GLWTS!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
One of the few M5's that I truly looked up to when I first got my car. Sad to see it go, but I hope it goes to a good home and you get what you ask to fund your next project!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I'm starting to feel that way too man..
Haven't been on here in a while..

·
Registered
968 Posts
I sold my M5 in 2012 and had M5 withdrawal. Its replacement, the 550 with the sport package (it just didn't have the size and feel of the M5, but having a factory warranty was comforting -although nothing has ever gone wrong with it except for a speaker crackling). It just didn't do it for me like the M5 did and 8 months later I was back in an E39 M5 again! My sons say I missed those lights on the tach, but IMHO the new 550 didn't measure up to the old 2000 M5 when it came to the fun factor driving it. The wife now has the 550 and loves it over her old CTS.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Jim, you're now in FL!? So am I!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Sorry to hear, best wishes on the sale!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I sold my M5 in 2012 and had M5 withdrawal. Its replacement, the 550 with the sport package (it just didn't have the size and feel of the M5, but having a factory warranty was comforting -although nothing has ever gone wrong with it except for a speaker crackling). It just didn't do it for me like the M5 did and 8 months later I was back in an E39 M5 again! My sons say I missed those lights on the tach, but IMHO the new 550 didn't measure up to the old 2000 M5 when it came to the fun factor driving it. The wife now has the 550 and loves it over her old CTS.

Yeah. She will be missed. I've already let go emotionally so now I'm just eager to find buyer.

You'll all think I'm crazy, but, this is my new project:

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5 E39 Dinan
2,243 Posts
You know that you will regret it. 2000 posts later you got a little too much emotion invested to "let it go".... First you'll think "Good riddance" and about 6 months later you will either
a. Try to chase down buyer and buy back
b. Announce that you are sad, and in market for E39 to build back up again.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know that you will regret it. 2000 posts later you got a little too much emotion invested to "let it go".... First you'll think "Good riddance" and about 6 months later you will either
a. Try to chase down buyer and buy back
b. Announce that you are sad, and in market for E39 to build back up again.

lol. Time will tell....

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I remember you from way back when I had my '01 M5... sad to see another long-time member leaving the fold. Ah, well.... you'll be back. I thought I would never be back but... here I am. The Bronco looks like a fun project to distract you in the meantime :noSMG:

Any idea on what color your next E39 M5 will be? :hihihi:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
lol. Time will tell....
Bro,

Being in the same boat as you a couple years ago I definitely understand. Looks like a fun new project I must say! You have my contact info so don't be a stranger and good luck. I'm sure we'll meet again... I look through the E39 M5 classifieds from time to time ;-)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bro,

Being in the same boat as you a couple years ago I definitely understand. Looks like a fun new project I must say! You have my contact info so don't be a stranger and good luck. I'm sure we'll meet again... I look through the E39 M5 classifieds from time to time ;-)

For sure man! Spread this to your buddies. It's a great SoCal car....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.