BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it had to happen one day ?????? ??????

How much do you guys think i should ask for my ///M5

She is immaculate Full history ML (2) and BMW all the others

129k just had insp 1 and rear shocks,mounts,springs, pads and radiator all by BMW Park Lane

Full engine rebuild with pics and a £985 service by Munich Legends last xmas :2:

MOT till sep and Tax till March Tracker Monitor and Cat 1 alarm(BMW 3T)

How much do you guys reckon? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Steve, why are you selling! I think these things are worth hanging on to. deciding on a price is a tricky one, - I would like to buy for 7-8 and sell for 11 so I suggest you advertise at 10 ish, depends what you think its worth, how badly you need the cash etc. If you want the worst case trade price go to Jamjar.com and do the trade in appraisal, my 92 128k was worth £3500 according to them. IMO your car looks good, not seen many 3.8's in that colour, never noticed the calipers were ///M stamped before...nice.
Why don't you speak to ML and see what they say. It will be interesting to see what every else thinks.
cheers,
Phil.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Steve Mac said:
Well it had to happen one day ?????? ??????

How much do you guys think i should ask for my ///M5

She is immaculate Full history ML (2) and BMW all the others

129k just had insp 1 and rear shocks,mounts,springs, pads and radiator all by BMW Park Lane

Full engine rebuild with pics and a £985 service by Munich Legends last xmas :2:

MOT till sep and Tax till March Tracker Monitor and Cat 1 alarm(BMW 3T)

How much do you guys reckon? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
I'll give you 50p and a conker :biggrin: , and I promise to drive it like it's stolen.

I'd get rid of your granny-barge instead.

Seriously though, I wouldn't let it go for less than £10k - otherwise you will depress everyone just before Christmas!

How desperately do you need to sell it, as if you've got enough time then you can probably get more.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Phlem5 said:
Steve, why are you selling! I think these things are worth hanging on to. deciding on a price is a tricky one, - I would like to buy for 7-8 and sell for 11 so I suggest you advertise at 10 ish, depends what you think its worth, how badly you need the cash etc. If you want the worst case trade price go to Jamjar.com and do the trade in appraisal, my 92 128k was worth £3500 according to them. IMO your car looks good, not seen many 3.8's in that colour, never noticed the calipers were ///M stamped before...nice.
Why don't you speak to ML and see what they say. It will be interesting to see what every else thinks.
cheers,
Phil.
How did you get £3500 valuation, as mine only came out at £975 :crying: with all it's faults - or £1250 in perfect condition - and even taking the mileage down to 100k, putting on a full MOT, 1 owner, etc. it only goes up to £1750 :confused:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm not sure what it's worth Steve, but if I had an ulterior motive and wanted to buy it from you I'd say about 7K.....

Do you fancy a P/X on mine? It's a fetching shade of Blue, and has only covered a mere 122K miles

·
Registered
261 Posts
......and my 50KG weight advantage and trick Schnitzer suspension.....
:wroom:

Sorry Steve, hijacking your thread. There is a chance I may be genuinely interested if you do sell, so please keep me posted. I would need to find a buyer for mine though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
F**K knows, bear in mind that is my recollection of the valuation, that was over 3 months ago..maybe I had suggested trading in against a new SL600 or something. One thing for sure is the HPI guide price was definately around the 3 grand mark. But I don't think that's what steve wants to see on this thread.ouich

cheers,
Phil
Mmm-Five said:
How did you get £3500 valuation, as mine only came out at £975 :crying: with all it's faults - or £1250 in perfect condition - and even taking the mileage down to 100k, putting on a full MOT, 1 owner, etc. it only goes up to £1750 :confused:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Forget trade guides etc - I think our cars are too old/too rare /too niche/too dependant on condition and history for those things to be worth anything other than to the motor trader who tries to bargain you down!

the best guide is what they are for sale for - go onto Auto trader and there are about 10 or 12 cars for sale there ranging from 1990 3.6 for £4k to 94 3.8 for £11k - so I reckon a good condition 3.8 should be in the range £8k - £10k private sale

All IMHO of course :blabla:

Martin

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm no insult from M5Powered yet??

Dont need to sell her but i am yearning for a,dare i say it,....e39 ///M5 and cant have both as just got the wife a clever family car from Vauxhall(the bigger one and no pallates classes) and still have the 740i(granny barge did you say tony?)to tide me over

Tony complimented her a while ago.....Lots of low down grunt..... cherrsagai

I dont want to load her with tools shes too good for that so might run the 740i into the ground as all they are fetching are about 6k (4.4i as well).

Might try Barney or Tony at ML :blink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts