BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I called them on it day before yesterday and they said it was just sold...i cannot fathom an LCI M5 with that mileage at that price. Honestly it can be wholesaled for more than that. Not saying there is anything wrong, but that's 8 grand below where the car should be priced. If I were you I'd consider flipping it, you could easily make 4-5k on it.

FWIW, I asked them to meter the paint and if I could get it PPI'd and the used car manager said no, at that price they just want to sell it...I didn't like that.
Also, remember these cars are not that easy to sell... I've been watching if for over 2 months now, and most of the ones I saw online are still there. Very few have sold... most of the high 20 and low 30's are still there, for sale. And there are not many manuals 2008 and above with lower k's , this is one of them.

People steer away due to very high maintenance costs... I mean if you're not a DYI'er, you are pretty much guaranteed to dump a few g's a year in maintenance on these... Not everyone can change their own oil, replace vanos, plugs, etc etc.

The folks I know (I have 2 friends who lease BMW's ) just have no clue on what's under the bonnet, and they pick up a lease for 3 years, and keep renew it. But they dump 1000 a month on a car :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Also, remember these cars are not that easy to sell... I've been watching if for over 2 months now, and most of the ones I saw online are still there. Very few have sold... most of the high 20 and low 30's are still there, for sale. And there are not many manuals 2008 and above with lower k's , this is one of them.

People steer away due to very high maintenance costs... I mean if you're not a DYI'er, you are pretty much guaranteed to dump a few g's a year in maintenance on these... Not everyone can change their own oil, replace vanos, plugs, etc etc.

The folks I know (I have 2 friends who lease BMW's ) just have no clue on what's under the bonnet, and they pick up a lease for 3 years, and keep renew it. But they dump 1000 a month on a car :)
this is very true. 90% of my DIY (mechanical) ability came from owning my M5 and being faced with repair after repair. after a while it was just much more advantageous to learn how to do everything i could myself - and a great thanks to this board for help & assistance.

i refreshed my front end suspension & coilover install due to this forum.

still depressing to see the values tank so much. my little 2006 with 75k miles is only worth $20k now? yikes!!!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
still depressing to see the values tank so much. my little 2006 with 75k miles is only worth $20k now? yikes!!!
dont get it either. Was just looking on autotrader at e46 CSL and anything with good mileage (25-40k miles) was going for $40k+

There is no comparison in my mind between the two...go cart vrs super saloon and the M5 is definitely superior

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
dont get it either. Was just looking on autotrader at e46 CSL and anything with good mileage (25-40k miles) was going for $40k+

There is no comparison in my mind between the two...go cart vrs super saloon and the M5 is definitely superior
M3 CSL ? they are not sold in US, where did you see one, show me...

I owned one overseas, it was the best car I ever had, probably best I ever will. Loved it to bits.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
M3 CSL ? they are not sold in US, where did you see one, show me...

I owned one overseas, it was the best car I ever had, probably best I ever will. Loved it to bits.
I dunno. I out CSL in the keyword search. Maybe because it Had the CSL wheels? But yea crazy money for a e46 and if it's not even a legit CSLjust lol at those prices compared to used e60 m5 prices

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So when do you take delivery? The stealer said you were from Indiana, is that really 1200 miles from St Louis?
I didn't take delivery, I am flying out there tomorrow morning... I am from Boston, so yeah, 1200 miles.

Spending good quality time with my baby on the way home :)

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
I didn't take delivery, I am flying out there tomorrow morning... I am from Boston, so yeah, 1200 miles.

Spending good quality time with my baby on the way home :)
Hopefully you do not hit real bad weather on the way back home. heard it's going to get nasty out there.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hopefully you do not hit real bad weather on the way back home. heard it's going to get nasty out there.
Thank you! It seems to be clear all the way to Mass tomorrow/Sunday, so I am hoping to make my way ok... the snow storm seems to have moved on to the South a bit... They announced snow here for tomorrow and now it's only on Sunday night/ Monday.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ok I got her home... 1200 miles and 18 hours.. And I enjoyed every second.. Fantastic car. It has all options possible I think... Active seats they hug you on corners.. Audio, upgrade sounds great.... Cooling in the seats. Head up display... I am thrilled
And the noise on the video was the bloody air con compressor as it was on at the time, clicking on and off.. No noises what so ever..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Powerful car ... Although not as dramatic or joyful as my Shelby gt500- it is still a great pleasure to drive. Sticks to the road better

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Powerful car ... Although not as dramatic or joyful as my Shelby gt500- it is still a great pleasure to drive. Sticks to the road better

Want dramatic? hit 205+ in the beast....bc that Shelby isn't going to

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just curious did you buy the car sight unseen without any inspection or anything? Were you not worried about rod bearings or anything?
Yes I did ! I was a bit worried... but at 69k, with clean carfax... I took a chance and I am happy I did so, she is a beauty! I drove her home 1200 miles, no problems.

I think all the rod bearings issue is a bit exaggerated; not saying it is not true as I saw all kind of evidence, but I think 90% of the cars will hit 100k plus with no issues... It all depends on how often oil is changed and how is the car treated. I don't rev the tits out of my cars, and do my own maintenance...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Here she is after a bit of polishing, clean up with Eraser and Cquartz application:

I highly recommend cquartz, it's like a snapshot in time of your paint, it won't get any worse than it is... Needs a bit of maintenance with Reload from time to time, but it's completely worth it.
Showroom shine year after year..
Cheers

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome to the e60 M5/6 club. I bought mine sight unseen too... IT was a good deal at that tine as well from a MB dealership, especially when the dollar wasn't THAT bad.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Looks great! How hard was it to apply the cquartz?
Thanks!

Not that hard... It does require a bit of elbow grease, but if you get the UK edition, it comes off easier.

Just needs a good cleanup with Eraser, to remove all the previous waxes or residual polish. I also polished it prior to Cquartz application, to get some of the water stains out.

It was close 50 degrees here in MA today, and cloudy, so a perfect time for this (it does not like it in the sun, dries too quick and it's a pain to remove).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I just ordered the uk kit with the reloaded off of amazon for $63. Thanks, never knew this existed.
Nice, you will like it. I usually apply 2 coats with at least a week in between do it dries out ok .

21 - 40 of 49 Posts