BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a Brembo BBK on the car and was originally going to get Hawk HPS pads, but decided to give the Centric Posi-Quiet's a try. They were cheaper then the Hawk HPS, which was good with me. If I recall correctly, they are supposed to offer the same performance on the street as the HPS with even less dust.

The initial bite is darn good IMO, and the built in shims is a nice added touch. They give off VERY little dust, very impressed. Supposed to be one of the lowest dusting high performing street pads available now. I would recommend anyone who wants a good quality street pad gives these a try.

Here's some pics of the Brembo's for those interested:

·
Registered
365 Posts
centric

Yes, I am a believer now. There is one catch, particularly if you experience colder climes, or, say 5 deg F(it's been cold in MI recently!). The first braking in cold weather always causes a squeak. After that, good to go (and colder=louder).

Still, I would not get rid of them............

ssomed

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not much cold weather here in central FL. Coldest day of 2007 was 34F at 8am (got a degrees colder over night).

Have yet to experience any noise out of the pads, nice.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Not much cold weather here in central FL. Coldest day of 2007 was 34F at 8am (got a degrees colder over night).

Have yet to experience any noise out of the pads, nice.
Very nice!

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Beautiful car and brakes. What kind of wheels are those and what sizes? They look great. With the disappearance of 275-18 tires offered by some mfrs (can't seem to find any more Goodyears), all of us may be forced to 19 inch wheels, and yours are some of the best looking I've seen while keeping close to the stock wheel look (which I very much like).

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wheels are Breyton Spirit, painted centers with a full, high polish, stainless steel lip. It's a 1 piece wheel, the bolts are a faux look to make it look 2 piece. They are also available with black centers, and in 18" as well

Tire Rack carries them. 19x9.0" ET18 front and 19x9.5" ET18 rear. Their only downside is that they are heavy, 32.6lbs front and 34.5lbs rear, according to Tire Rack. Also, because the lips are stainless steel, any deposits that get on them that don't get cleaned off can begin to rust. That's the deposit itself rusting against the surface, not the stainless itself. It comes out easily with Mothers or Blue Magic.

I run 245/35/19 and 275/30/19, but they had 275's up front and 285's S03's on the rear when I purchased them used, and those fit just fine. My car is stock height, no rubbing issues. Even with a mild lowering, I don't think there would be any rubbing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Way nice car! How do you like those tires? I've seen them for sale on eBay and I am super curious what you think of them. I know V.stein makes great snow and ice tires, so how do those Sessantas rate?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tires have been great. I figured out the other day that I have somewhere between 12-15k miles on them so far and I have no complaints. Apprently EVO did a high performance tire test and Vredestein beat some major big names out there. After that, the price of the tires shut up about $50/ea. I got my entire set for $635 shipped. Today it would cost $800-850. That's still an unbelievable deal for some high rated, ultra high performance tires in big 19" sizes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts