BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
If anyone is selling (in the uk) a 'decent' pair of 9J x 17 'throwing star' /system II rear wheels please keep me updated .......I am not too fussed about the covers as mine are not in bad condition but the rims are 'cack'......and at the moment i'm weighing up the merits of refurb vs replacement......

cheers everyone
Scorchio
:cool: :M5launch:

......a decent set of rims will make it a happy summer ahead!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Scorchio said:
Hi all,
If anyone is selling (in the uk) a 'decent' pair of 9J x 17 'throwing star' /system II rear wheels please keep me updated .......I am not too fussed about the covers as mine are not in bad condition but the rims are 'cack'......and at the moment i'm weighing up the merits of refurb vs replacement......

cheers everyone
Scorchio
:cool: :M5launch:

......a decent set of rims will make it a happy summer ahead!
Just for info, I had my wheels refurbed last year and they look brand new.
They also were really badly scuffed.

At least with your own wheels, you know what sort of life they have had, not bent or warped etc..

I paid £50 a wheel and they still come up new when clean now and I do over 500 miles a week.

Steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hertfordshire1 said:
Just for info, I had my wheels refurbed last year and they look brand new.
They also were really badly scuffed.

At least with your own wheels, you know what sort of life they have had, not bent or warped etc..

I paid £50 a wheel and they still come up new when clean now and I do over 500 miles a week.

Steve
Steve,
did you have them painted or polished?........the corrosion is quite bad on mine and looks like they would need some fair amount of blasting/blending

cheers

Paul

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Scorchio said:
Steve,
did you have them painted or polished?........the corrosion is quite bad on mine and looks like they would need some fair amount of blasting/blending

cheers

Paul
Paul,

They were blasted and re-painted...

The company that did it are used by the local BMW dealer. The chap that did it was very good and it only took half a day..

Mine were really badly curbed, but they sorted them right out!

Steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for that.....i may take wheels/car around to 'smart wheels' to see if it would be a 'shop job' for a re-furb........i.e 3 day turn-tound or if it's a 'man in a van solution'......i would go for it if it's the latter.

was the company you used a 'national' or a local ?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Scorchio said:
Cheers for that.....i may take wheels/car around to 'smart wheels' to see if it would be a 'shop job' for a re-furb........i.e 3 day turn-tound or if it's a 'man in a van solution'......i would go for it if it's the latter.

was the company you used a 'national' or a local ?
The company was Dentfix and it was a man in a van!!!

www.dentfix.co.uk

So while they had it, I got them to knock out a few "car park door dents".

Steve

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
hertfordshire1 said:
The company was Dentfix and it was a man in a van!!!

www.dentfix.co.uk

So while they had it, I got them to knock out a few "car park door dents".

Steve
Ahh yes the cusrsed door dents. I also need to get my wheels refurbed I was hoping to get another set to act as spares but that deal fell through.

Also I wanted to get a set to use as track day wheels and tyres.

So it look as though I will be giving them a call.

Thanks for information.

Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts