BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got the quite common error alert on my dashboard for the throttle actuator problem.

I had not time to wait for new gears to replace them so I asked my mechanic to replace both actuators eventhough it actually was only the throttle actuator on bank 2 that had given an error indication only once.

Car is running fine now after the replacement (and was running pretty ok before the replacement as well, it was actually only the dashboard that gave me the error indication).

I asked him to give back the two that were replaced so that I could inspect them myself.

I opened up both of them and the gears actually looked really good so I guess that the one on bank 2 that was giving the fault indication twice might be an electrical issue? (Brushes on the DC motor?)

The one on bank 1 has not given any fault indicaton so that one is probably ok. It looks good on all gears and the circuit board does not seem to have any oxidation at all.
The one on bank 2 that gave me the fault indication twice has one of the screws broken (see attached picture).

Detailed pictures attached and I can arrange with more pictures if needed.

I am selling both together for only 400 USD + shipping (I am based in Sweden).

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi!

I have error code 2B21 which should mean that your good one should work for me?

I also live in Sweden, I would love to take them off your hands to fix my ride!

/ Lars
070-3772167

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E60 (03-10) For Sale Throttle body actuator for M5 E60 and E61 - part no 13627834494 - SOLD!

Item sold!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts