BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, like many other members here, am having problems with my throttle actuator in Bank 2.

The question I have is that it only comes up and puts my car in "limp" mode when it has only been turned off for a short period of time (a few hours or less). If the car sits over night or for a day the codes never come up.

Is this common for the rest of you who have had actuator issues? :confused2

Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
195 Posts
yea they go bad on these cars. Pretty expensive part like around 700 or so. Plus the labor. I dunno i had mine changed under warranty. But GL...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have that issue on my car. specially in hot days. When it is cold or at cold start , it never happens. when it goes in limp mode, I turn it off, wait for few secs and restart it, it is fine..... No check engine light is on....

·
Registered
222 Posts
I Just had mine changed, Both of them. Its 1039.00 after tax for the part each. A discount got mine down to pretty cheap with 4.8 hours labor/Programming. Car Runs like a champ again couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
The longer you have the issuee the shorter the period between each occurrence, mine would not go into limp mode for weeks and I ignored it but 2 months later it happened every week and then later just driving 50 yards no matter how long the car was turned off for.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well mine will not come on during a drive. It will be on when I start the car and stay on, or, not be on and not come on.

I have been dealing with it for over a month and the it does not seem to be coming on more now than before.

Exactly same! it does not come during a drive. It is only when to start the car. Do you have any mods installed on your car? Is your place hot specially parked at outdoors?

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly same! it does not come during a drive. It is only when to start the car. Do you have any mods installed on your car? Is your place hot specially parked at outdoors?
Yes I have an ASR exhaust, Rpi scoops, BMC filters and a tune.

When I'm at work it is parked outside. It does get hot in Chicago but I don't think that's the problem. My garage stays real cold.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Throttle acuator is the motor controlling the operation of the throttle bodies. Idle acuator
controls the idle of the car. Pretty self explanatory

1 - 20 of 61 Posts