BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I got a multiple wanins light up while driving one night. DSC, Emission Control, Reduced Engine Power and Start off Assist.

Took it into the dealer on friday where they changed the battery and updated the software. The tech noted that the throttle acuator bank 2 was at fault. Eeven after the reflas and abttery change the reduce engine power and emssion control wanring came back.

Now, I was at home ordering a new actuator earlier today. But when i just drove my car out for coffee to meet up with a friend, i hear some wiered noise in the engine bay. Pics below circled, but the noise is from the driver side only. The noise is described as by other members as a groaning/grummbling noise.

My question is, could the throttle actuator be casuing the vanos to make these wiered noises?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/at...-wierd-noise-coming-engine-compartment-m5.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey - I've had the same noise on and off from the passenger side. Never replicated at dealer so no professional opinion as to what it was. 2007 without any mods.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If your car is and early built, be ready to replace the vanos oil pomp the is very very $$$$$

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your car is and early built, be ready to replace the vanos oil pomp the is very very $$$$$
My car is a 04/06 built. The funny thing is that this noise started happening right after picking the car up from the dealership for a new battery and software upgrade since they were thinking the battery was dying and causing the CEL.

Obviously the battery didnt solve the problem and i am on and off throwing the CEL, they said its the throttle acuator bank 2.

·
Registered
452 Posts
useful thread! I just want to know the Throttle Actuator Bank 2 is by Passenger side? or driver side?

·
Registered
452 Posts
passenger. easy install and no need for programming!
Good!, Is the throttle actuator inside of that black part/cover? Is it just removing that black part?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good!, Is the throttle actuator inside of that black part/cover? Is it just removing that black part?
yup. Just follow the instruction for changing out the spark plugs for taking that black cover off.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
The answer is "NO"....

·
Registered
452 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts