BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The title pretty much says it, if I catch the little s**t who is doing it I am going to rip him a new face. Sorry just very pissed off and venting.
:mad::mad::mad:
And somebody took a swing at my wing mirror

·
Registered
723 Posts
what makes you think that someone purposely drove screws into your tires? Could it not have happened by driving over them?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I thought that but three in 9 months, either I am very unlucky or somebody is doing this.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had the same thing happen about 6 years ago. Three sheetrock screws in my M3 tires in less than 4 months. At the time, there was home construction going on in an open land area near my house that I had to drive by on the way to or from my house. I think the construction workers are very careless and I'm sure that's why it happened so often.

I submitted a claim to the home builder for all three flat repairs and got it paid without much question.

Is there any construction going on along the route(s) you normally drive?

·
Registered
234 Posts
M5 Tires are like magnets to nails. 2 in 3 months. The first was within 1 inch of the side wall and BMW would not patch and suggested a new tire? Dropped by the local tire guys for a free fix, 4 wheel refill with 100% nitrogen = total cost $0.00.
Thankyou V much.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm sure most of these are construction-related. When I turn down a street and see construction (particularly something being stick-built) I turn around and find another street to drive down. I average one screw/nail a year.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've found that any car I drive, it's tires are magnets for screws / nails / screwdrivers. I had 3 nails in the same tire.. one a week. On different roads.

I just bought the extended tire warranty from Discount Tire and it paid for itself after the first tire.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
How do Andy. Might just be bad luck mate.

If it makes you feel any better, about two years ago I had three punctures (two screws and one sidewall hole) in my rear tyres. The sidewall hole left me at the mercy of the only tyre shop in the area with a replacement tyre in stock. I duly bent over and they swiftly relieved me of £250 for a really crap budget tyre. Since then, no tyre problems at all - things happen in threes, see. Here's to no more puncturescherrsagai.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys I feel a bit better knowing I am not the only one having this problem and it is normal.
I was starting to think someone was trying to kill me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts