BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i'm in a bit of a swirl regarding the M5...
I may poss be looking to move on but not sure where?
I was looking at the new style M3, or M5 maybe even a RS4.....
Good 2nd hand prices.

What are your thoughts on theses cars please?
For and against?
(Any under lying issues)
TBH my car is great and is a 2001 with face lift and 74k miles on it and running well (Touch wood) so no rush but might just be the xmas blues, who knows. Thoughts on this please.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
E60 M5,even more a money pit than E39 M5s the older they get...

The RS4 is boring,clinical to drive IMHO...

The M3 is a very nice car,not so many issues I am aware of,lots of fun to drive,lacks a bit low end torque...

·
Registered
76 Posts
E92 M3 or an rs4. I'll likely get ripped to shreads for the Rs4 comment but they are very good! Interior is decades ahead of the e39, the 4wd does tame it down wee bit but you can still get the back out and you can use it all year round so it doesnt become a garage decoration between October and March! A great alrounder and probably what will eventually replace my e39!

The E92 is the spiritial successer to the M5 so it would be like getting into your ols slippers! Although I haven't driven 1 to be honest so not best to comment on it. Although its on my to do list to go get a shotty soon!

If you are thinking of selling up let me know, my wee brother is on the lookout for a tidy e39.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
You'd have to drive the Audi, but Audis generally do not offer as much driver feedback as a BMW. Their interiors are of better design than the new BMW stuff though - in my opinion. The new M3 is a fantastic car - but not for me yet. It just doesn't make financial sense to rid of the M5. It's all paid off, I own it and love it.

Just put some mods on your M5, as 74k miles it's barely even broken in.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I'd keep the M5 and add something with a different character that won't break the bank - E46 M3, M coupe, Cayman, etc.

·
Registered
848 Posts
E92 M3 or an rs4. I'll likely get ripped to shreads for the Rs4 comment but they are very good! Interior is decades ahead of the e39, the 4wd does tame it down wee bit but you can still get the back out and you can use it all year round so it doesnt become a garage decoration between October and March! A great alrounder and probably what will eventually replace my e39!
I agree, the rs4 is a very nice car and will most likelly pick one up in a year or so when prices come down a tad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts