BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2000 M5 with 52000 on the odometer. There is a warranty that was purchased from the BMW dealer where the car was purchased and it is good for another 28 months or about 30,000 miles. I am not sure if this warranty is an official BMW warranty or not. In addition to the warranty it has the following upgrades on it,<br>
Titanium Silver <br>
Dinan Carbon Fiber Intakes<br>
Dinan High Flow Air Meters<br>
Dinan Stage 3 Software<br>
Dinan Differential<br>
Dinan Free Flow Exhaust<br>
Dinan Front Strut Brace<br>
AC Short Shifter<br>
Euro Silver Xenon Angel Eyes<br>
Hard Wired V-1<br><br>

Having spoken to the owner of the car and heard the history on it, it sounds like it has been well taken care of and I think with the warranty for another 28K or about 30,000 miles. I was hoping that the owners on the board would be able to give me an idea on what the value of the car would be. I believe it could be bought for somewhere in the 40-42 range.
Thanks ahead of time.

·
Banned
386 Posts
40k - 42k its a good deal with all those mods.... usually people would advertise for a car with those specs in the the 45 - 49k... if you can get it in the low 40ks that would be good.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I agree with you that the car should be able to be purchased in the low 40's. I purchased my '00 M5 9-months ago from a dealership. The car had only 26k mi, and the dealership was asking $49,900. I purchased it (after a few days of negotations) for $44,200.00. The car was stock & in pristine condition. so, considering that another year (essientially) has pasted and the fact that the vehicle you are looking at has over 50k mi., I would not pay more that 40k. The seller knows that he will not get any money back from the mods...or only pennies on the dollar.

just my .02 worth.......

Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts