1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
why not used M6? They're supposed to be depreciating like crazy also

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve (8320): BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

+1

I would agree. The price difference is,atleast on new ones, really not too great, and definitely the M6 is worth the additional cost :)

(Of course I am biased lol!)

-David

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
They are nice cars. My friend has a 650i and I ride with him from time to time. Totally different animal from an M car. It's more of a cruiser with a little git-up-and-go. Deep V8 burble and pretty comfortable, if you are into stuff like that. +1 to what the others have said... get a used M6 and you'll never ever ever look back with any regret (hey, this is an M board!)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Agreed with all the previous posts, and would like to add, that you specifically mentioned "buying". If, however, you are inclined to lease, you are way better off leasing the M6 convertible. The prices are very, very close.

·
Registered
622 Posts
there is a black M6 with red int around town. that is reason enough to buy it. The thing is gorgeous. I might like better it better than my black on portland brown.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
+5
get the M6 over a 650...way more fun

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
If money doesnt matter get the M, you will be much happier. I went from 645 conv to M6 conv...absolutely no regrets....worth the money to me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
There is only a 20% price increase to move up to a comparatively equipped M. Well worth it for getting something really special. A slightly older M6 will actually be cheaper.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the 650i in 6 speed, It is a great car however I think you should go for the m6. The 650 is fast, however I always feel as if I am missing something. If you are looking for a pre owned car the difference in price is well worth it. Go for the M6 ftw, if you have any questions on the 650 feel free to pm me man

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
orbit i would buy a m6 but i already have a 2006 m5 which i would be keeping.....i test drove a 650 today ....but it was a smg i liked it but of course a v10 is a special engine,also i am thinkin of doing eu delivery so i will get also 7% discount plus a mini vacation,What is your thoughts regarding thecar overrall in a six speed that i want to get?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
OT: Hey Mandisa is your friend, right? Did you get to hear his new Corsa exhaust? How's it?
yea i did!!!...it's ehhhhhh okkk...:haha:...,not as loud as my E race...but nice tone...

Reactions: EM_5

·
Registered
224 Posts
orbit i would buy a m6 but i already have a 2006 m5 which i would be keeping.....i test drove a 650 today ....but it was a smg i liked it but of course a v10 is a special engine,also i am thinkin of doing eu delivery so i will get also 7% discount plus a mini vacation,What is your thoughts regarding thecar overrall in a six speed that i want to get?
Since the 650 is a perfect touting car, maybe the automatic would be more appropriate.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had a 650 6-speed vert before my M6 vert. They are very different. Although I enjoy the M's power and handling, I really think the 650 engine suited THIS car better. Low end torque, V8, much smoother. The 6 speed v8 was MUCH smoother around town than the SMG in my V-10. To be honest, for the convertible the decision is not as simple as some may have you believe. The convertible is not a track car, it is a GT.

I'd say get the 650. But try to drive both and decide what you want. Don't forget the DSG M3 convertible out in July.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I own a 650i and have recently test driven an M6. Drives totally different. The shifts are very noticable and it has a harder suspension, even in comfort mode. Lack of torque makes you drive like a hooligan in that car, constantly having to rev the engine for speed. After a while you'll get tired of all the shifting and you'll want your 650i back. It doesn't have the speed, but does have torque, comfortable ride and a decent automatic. Try it yourself and see. My dealer told me there're lots of recent M5 and M6's on the market with short mileage. Makes you think.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I own a 650i and have recently test driven an M6. Drives totally different. The shifts are very noticable and it has a harder suspension, even in comfort mode. Lack of torque makes you drive like a hooligan in that car, constantly having to rev the engine for speed. After a while you'll get tired of all the shifting and you'll want your 650i back. It doesn't have the speed, but does have torque, comfortable ride and a decent automatic. Try it yourself and see. My dealer told me there're lots of recent M5 and M6's on the market with short mileage. Makes you think.
I do not foresee getting tired of driving my M6 anytime soon... Shifting and revving up is part of the fun.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I do not foresee getting tired of driving my M6 anytime soon... Shifting and revving up is part of the fun.
+1...it's a sports car so you're supposed to drive it like this!
At the same time, the shifts are fine and smooth in say D3 ... bottom line is you control you're driving experience. But the potential in the M6 is near endless.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
My dealer told me there're lots of recent M5 and M6's on the market with short mileage. Makes you think.
It isn't a car for everybody, just like the 650i isn't the car for performance-oriented enthusiasts. Lots of people probably buy the M5/6 because it is the top-of-the-line 5er or 6er. And that it is... but if there exists an owner that doesn't like the tad-stiffer suspension, the quick shifts, the revving up of the motor and all they want is a boulevard cruiser that chugs along at 2500 RPMs, then the M5/6 is definitely NOT the car for them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts