1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Good find. Glad to see people are still trying to turbo the S62.. if successful should be quite a beast!

Russians.. good luck tuning that bad boy.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Interesting...thanks for sharing. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nice to see another try at turbo's. There have been other company's that have already turbo'd the M5 but it wasn't cost effective to package. Any idea if they are going to try and market it, or is this just another one off?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Any idea if they are going to try and market it, or is this just another one off?
ESS SC not enough power for you man? ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like tuning will be on stock ECU! 3 BAR MAP sensor.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
any more pictures?

single, sequential, or parallel twin setup? what turbo(s)?

all that money and a dinky Koyo radiator.

I'm intrigued but, i'll hold out hope.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
any more pictures?

single, sequential, or parallel twin setup? what turbo(s)?

all that money and a dinky Koyo radiator.

I'm intrigued but, i'll hold out hope.
single GT40r, as you can imagine he said the exhaust manifolds were a PITA. Its running, this guy is no joke and builds some amazing cars over in the Ukraine

its Oleg if you know about him.

·
1,939 Posts
Shallow, I know, but I hate the eyebrows. Even if they are real carbon. However, that plenum looks disturbingly cool...

YG

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree on the eyebrows, I'll send him a message as such :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
now this is sounding good. the other car :wroom:

Please don't expect some magic numbers for this car. It's street 4 door sedan with 600+whp goal and full boost @ 2500-2600rpm. That is what owner of the car wants.

Meanwhile....next to this car in our workshop is BMW 8er with the same S62 built engine and GT4202R. Whole another story! :D

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I still dream about remaking a dead on replica of the M8 only with a little more power under the hood from that V12..

Reactions: Terabass

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
GT40 on this car sounds about perfect, to me. I'd have used a Borg Warner turbo; but, this fits the bill just fine.

·
1,939 Posts
I agree on the eyebrows, I'll send him a message as such :)
But please do tell him that the plenum is very cool, too. Wouldn't want to upset the fellow :)

YG

PS That 8er with the S62 motor? I think we need to hear more about that...

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Any pictures of the build... Motor , Turbo Manifold... Im assuming that their is a water to air Intercooler under that sweet plenum?

I witnessed a turbo kit being made for an NSX around $3500 in parts including the turbo intercooler( air to air) and Burns Exhaust parts...

·
Registered
43 Posts
sounds like tuning will be on stock ECU! 3 BAR MAP sensor.
How flexible is the stock ECU for things like this? Also can the internals survive much boost (although I usually am watching torque numbers more than boost)? I'm used to my Evo where the ECU does it all and I run 30psi of boost.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Any pictures of the build... Motor , Turbo Manifold... Im assuming that their is a water to air Intercooler under that sweet plenum?

I witnessed a turbo kit being made for an NSX around $3500 in parts including the turbo intercooler( air to air) and Burns Exhaust parts...

the pictures show what I assume to be a large front-mount air-to-air IC. I don't see any H2O plumbing at the plenum, either.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
regarding tuning:

More correct to say it scaled to max airflow this engine can see. Injectors is one ECU side of tune. Emulator is just programmable MAF sensor and you programm it to fit 400-500-1000hp airflow in 0-5v range. That's it. All other tuning is on DME side.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

no pics of the motor build or exhaust mani's have been posted. I imagine the exhaust mani's look like medusa and wrap around the back of the block somehow to the turbo.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts