BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

· Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I'm happy with the M5 suspension, but I'd like to get rid of the gap up front. I'm running 19's and I've heard/read that the H&R springs are the route to go... If someone post a pic of their before and after installation that would be great! :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!

· Registered
191 Posts
Hey

I'm happy with the M5 suspension, but I'd like to get rid of the gap up front. I'm running 19's and I've heard/read that the H&R springs are the route to go... If someone post a pic of their before and after installation that would be great! :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!
Before and after H&R Coilover, don't know how much the springs alone will lower the car. On a side not I would not recommend the coilovers unless you track the car or have flawless pavement where you drive.

Attachments

· Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before and after H&R Coilover, don't know how much the springs alone will lower the car. On a side not I would not recommend the coilovers unless you track the car or have flawless pavement where you drive.

Thanks... No plans to track and our pavement around here is no where near flawless.

· Registered
191 Posts
I know he was asking about springs, not coilovers, hence my reference that i did not know how much the springs lowered compared to the coilover. Just a comparo between stock and lowered m5 :)

If it's just for looks i'd go for springs, for better handling coilovers is the way to go.

On my last cars i've lowered more in front than rear, and have had no issues with that.

· Registered
189 Posts
I am very curious about this too, as there is a noticably bigger gap in the front than the rear. I would think the front H&R's will lower and level out the car nicely.

Also, can I do the H&R's without doing struts and/or cc plates? Street driven only.

By thay way robert - that second picture is absolutely beautiful.

· Registered
162 Posts
I use the H&R 29441 springs in the front and have had them for almost 3 years. Do a search on the threads that are already out there.

Just within the last week or two I put some pics online of my car on a thread started to discuss suspension options less than $1K. I think you'll find some good comments out there already on this subject.

:cheers:

· Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am very curious about this too, as there is a noticably bigger gap in the front than the rear. I would think the front H&R's will lower and level out the car nicely.
That's what I'm hoping for. Right now, the rear is fine but the front has the gap. Should be pretty close to level by just adding the front springs.

· Registered
1,410 Posts
By the way those -25mm H&R are not the only option, Eibach also makes -30mm springs to M5! :cheers:

Beastpower sells them with Koni FSD dampers for little bit over $1000.
How about Eibach springs only? Does anybody sells them for M5?

· Registered
124 Posts
eibach makes for the e39 m5? i thought everything but e39 m5???
Yes, I thought so too but I talked with Daniel from Beastpower and he said that they fit. I don't know which part number it is. :eek:oohhh: But maybe those fit only with new Koni FSD's, could they be somehow different than original springs? That would be pretty weird because Koni FSD's are sold without springs as well, to original springs?? :confused:

· Registered
4,586 Posts
Hey

Thanks!!!
You should contact bugzy, I believe he has this setup and should have pics for you

· Registered
478 Posts
After seeing that information on the Koni website regarding the M5's set up, I called EIBACH directly and asked them if they sold a kit of springs only. They denied such kit. I brought to their attention that Koni is selling a kit with them.

I found some websites out there that are advertising the EIBACH Spring kit for 540i/M5 E39 fitments. I talked with EIBACH directly about this and they confirmed that since the M5 weighs a little bit more, an M5 owner should not use the 540i kit.

As far as a spring kit goes, I think the options are:

INTRAX (all 4) (currently really backordered)
H&R (M5 kit is a front spring kit only - I still don't think the raked look is okay))
RACING DYNAMICS (they show a kit on their German site - lowers 25mm (.97")
DINAN - (kit of 4 again, lowers the car .5")

Am I leaving any others out?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.