BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys & Girls,
Thanks for attending the first M5 gathering by Wide World BMW. Many more events will take place in the future!
Please let me know what you thought of the meet and what could be done to make this type of event even better the next time around. It appeared as though, everyone loved the catered food, right?!?!
Thank you.
Robert :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gustav, I won't have any photos until the end of the week. I am waiting to get them from the professional photographer that was present at the event. Once i get the PICS I'll forward them to you. There were several others with digi cameras who were snapping away pictures, so can someone who did takes pictures post some for now?
Robert :cheers:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Robert

Congratulations! Well done and nice food, too bad the weather did not cooperate though. As I mentioned to you on Saturday, I have been to several Porsche club events held at a dealer, where the dealer sold parts at a very small mark-up. They also had some luck in getting a factory rep to come and answer questions. These would be nice touches in the future.

Sincerely
Peter M

·
Registered
463 Posts
Robert, many thanks for putting it together. It was a very enjoyable event. Another suggestion: having a "tech talk" on some topic of interest.

Hey Peter M, good seeing you on Saturday :byebye:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Robert:

Thanks again for putting together this fine meet. I had an especially good time, meeting some of my fellow board members for the first time. (Dave Z, Mr. Bock, PhinnbillM5 and others).

Some pics attached in these thumnails. Pic sizes range from about 120K to 220K.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Most of the time, I was on the "wrong" side of the camera, so I didn't take very many pictures. However, I did snap a few shots of the Ferrari showroom before the food arrived.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
jjc1843 said:
Robert:

Thanks again for putting together this fine meet. I had an especially good time, meeting some of my fellow board members for the first time. (Dave Z, Mr. Bock, PhinnbillM5 and others).

Some pics attached in these thumnails. Pic sizes range from about 120K to 220K.
I recognize DZ as the one holding the left side of the banner. Which one is the infamous FAST5... hmmm

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Chuckc said:
I recognize DZ as the one holding the left side of the banner. Which one is the infamous FAST5... hmmm
That would be Robert (FAST5) holding the right side of the banner. (The photographer's right side!)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
That would be Robert (FAST5) holding the right side of the banner. (The photographer's right side!)
Good guys wear black... hiha :eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
The meet turned out great, here are a couple of pics plus a video of an F40 (which was parked inside the service garage) and another one of Robert giving a speech. http://www.profitlevel.com/mike/101CANON/

I remeber some lucky guy took one of the ferraris on a test drive and the salesman says "try to keep it under 150" :cheers:

Also on the way back I raced some crazy guy in a nissan pathfinder all the way from white plains to exit 42 on merrit ( about 20? miles). the traffic was medium so i didnt really have any advantage except when it opned up a few times, but it was probably the scariest race of my life as i ended up passing cars in the service lane (when it was available) or in the exit lane. Don't worry though, I wasn't driving that recklessly. Oh yea...and I won ofcourse :haha:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rob, the event was a blast...besides the weather. And yes, the catered lunch was a bonus. I thought the raffel was a great idea, and some of the other suggestions mentioned above are also worth considering. Look forward to the next one...:cheers:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had a blast at the meet thanks Rob for having us .

It was a nice change to be able to hang out with other m5 owners and exchange info

Food was great and the raffle was exciting rob great job

John- Nice run on the way back we had some nice rooster tails going from the rain must have been a spectacle to the other drivers on the road.

Like Funk master Flex says when the big dogs roll give us some respect and make way

or something like that

hope to see every one at the next meet

Lenny
2000 baby blue M5
RMS short throw shifter
Dinan ECU and mufflers

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks Robert! Nice meet, food served in the shop, nice touch. If this event was in your showroom, wouldn't be as effective. As I said, FAST5 is a beautiful beast, but brakes....I hope you got some on Sunday. :2: Sorry, I couldn't bring my M5, too cold, brrrrr. Good looking Qattroporte hanging around your dealership! And you have one great Service Manager, Tony. Even my wife likes him hmmm .
Alex

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alex5 said:
Thanks Robert! Nice meet, food served in the shop, nice touch. If this event was in your showroom, wouldn't be as effective. As I said, FAST5 is a beautiful beast, but brakes....I hope you got some on Sunday. :2: Sorry, I couldn't bring my M5, too cold, brrrrr. Good looking Qattroporte hanging around your dealership! And you have one great Service Manager, Tony. Even my wife likes him hmmm .
Alex
Your wife has the hots for "Tony" the service manager?????
Something tells me your serious! lovelove

·
Registered
76 Posts
My wife is a real BMW fan. I just drive BMWs :cool: Its just about 12-13 years that we dealt we 2 great BMW service guys, Tony, who's now Service Manager at your place and Carlos who's now Service Manager at JMK BMW. And, if my wife and I wouldn't be happy with them, let alone BMW NA, we wouldn't be driving a bunch of BMWs and happily modding them. Talking about good guys, Dave from MotorWerksWest also showed his face at the meet.
Alex

1 - 20 of 24 Posts