BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't bother chaps,
I had called my mate in Reading and asked him to take a look but the car is sold already in 2 hours.:sad1:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi David,

It went that fast you were probably still typing the thread :)
I called and couldnt get through to the guy and then when i did he said he had taken a deposit. I even transfered 2K to my mate to buy it!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
A mate of mine has just bought it, he gave £1500 for it, he is a braver man than me ! . The previous owner only retrimmed the front seats in leather, the rear seats and door cards are still cloth ! :confused: If any one has an E28 rear seat in black leather and matching door cards please PM me and i will pass your number on.
The new victim is based in chesham in bucks and already has a rusty M5 !

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes , the initial asking price was £1500 when the ad first appeared .......

Got to be worth that in bits , which is where I fear it is heading !

·
Registered
37 Posts
There must be something about Chesham. It's where I bought my rusty old M5 from for a couple of grand (2 years and £8k ago!)

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There must be something about Chesham. It's where I bought my rusty old M5 from for a couple of grand (2 years and £8k ago!)
Funny thing was , it probably felt like a bargain at the time !

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts

There is alot of private traders in Chesham area.
I lived in the area for 25 yrs so a personal observation.
When I was selling a Honda CRX Vtec about 10 yrs ago, all
the calls I got in the first 12 hours were from traders in Chesham & Wycombe offering
£3k for a £5k car:rolleyes:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Records of GB cars

Other thread refers...here's a good example!

I have no previous details of car 24 so this is a very helpful find - thank you.

Original spec was Alpine white, Anthracite cloth, option 715 M-Technic aerodynamic styling kit and no other options.

Built 86/06, this was possibly a dealer stock car.

Regards

Mfiver

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My pleasure MFiver ......hopefully we'll track the whole bloody lot down and get us all together someday !

D

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congratulations Dan .....You may have a long term restoration project on your hands , but it should be worth it !

Keep us in touch and if you have any questions or issues , you only have to ask .

D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts