BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the "stop bangle petition" thread seemingly cant die....what i find is funny is that for all the hooplah that was created for the 5/6/7 series, its funny how many people have jumped on the bandwagon now that the power and engineering has been increased.

Any thoughts on that one?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I think that is a valid point. In addition, I would point out what other option is there other than updating/modding the E39s? Add in that more and more companies seem to be following BMW into the new design areas, and people are seeing more and more of the cars on the road...

Anyone that thinks the petition is going to do anything has been spending their evenings with Ricky Williams.

IF I don't get one, it will be the transmission that stops me. The more I think about it, the less likely I am to accept SMG.

Hey, when is your car supposed to be done?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its so funny alot of people were all over the design when the m5 came out and then all of a sudden it lightened up (meaning less controversy) because of the power. Now granted the SMG only issue seems to be dying down as well....not sure whats going to happen with that one.

My car is to be done around the end of the month.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Buy a black one it hides all the funny lines all over it, and with the right spoiler on the boot it can actually make the rear 3/4 view look good.

Still they'll have to fit it with a proper gearbox before I'd buy one. None of this flappy paddle cr*p, I don't care if its faster, its not a proper gearbox.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm starting to see more E60's on the road... I was very resistent when the new 7 series came out. And when the new E60 body style first came out I didn't like it either (but thought it was less ugly than the 7 series). But now the E60 is growing on me. Yesterday I saw a Black 545 in traffic and did it look sharp. Kick it up a few notches with the M5 styling and it will be incredible. The wait is killing me... I'm #2 on the list (maybe late fall more likely winter2006).

Mike

·
Registered
435 Posts
mcw331 said:
I'm starting to see more E60's on the road... I was very resistent when the new 7 series came out. And when the new E60 body style first came out I didn't like it either (but thought it was less ugly than the 7 series). But now the E60 is growing on me. Yesterday I saw a Black 545 in traffic and did it look sharp. Kick it up a few notches with the M5 styling and it will be incredible. The wait is killing me... I'm #2 on the list (maybe late fall more likely winter2006).

Mike
Im still not crazy about the rear end, although I'll admit Im not that against it. My biggest gripe was interior quality and design, and after seeing the pics finally, I dont think they stepped itup enough.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
ThemisN said:
Im still not crazy about the rear end, although I'll admit Im not that against it. My biggest gripe was interior quality and design, and after seeing the pics finally, I dont think they stepped itup enough.
When I first saw the E39 back in 97, I thought it looked like a regular car and didn't like it. Now, I like it. I actually like the E60 except the dash and door handle.

·
Registered
435 Posts
a_ok2me said:
When I first saw the E39 back in 97, I thought it looked like a regular car and didn't like it. Now, I like it. I actually like the E60 except the dash and door handle.
And you dont think the dash is a significant part of the interior? I dunno but you are staring at that part the entire time! I agree on the handles as well.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
ThemisN said:
And you dont think the dash is a significant part of the interior? I dunno but you are staring at that part the entire time! I agree on the handles as well.
The dash is huge. Tell me if it's the same for you, but the handle is placed too far forward. It gives poor leverage to open and close the door. You have to push the door open from the center of the door panel. The angle doesn't help either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts