BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
beckhammania23 said:
i know this is the M5, but the other one is it the M6 or a normal 645CI??

Thou it might look like the M6 you clearly see that the M5 is way wider compared to a normal 5er, but the 6er ain't wider than a normal 6er thus it can't be an M6, besides don't we want the M6 to have quadpipes ? :viking:

·
Registered
240 Posts
The M5's body dimensions will be no different than the regular 5 series. The E39 M5 was no different than the E39 Sedan dimension wise. Infact the M5 is just a regular 5 series with a different front/rear bumper, exhaust, and obviously engine. You may want to argue that one but without getting technical and in respect to what "normal" people think.. that's the truth.

That 6 series could be an M6. The exhaust cutouts look wider than normal as if it could be setup for quadpipes but only dual pipes on the car now as a very early model.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
both cars have similar wheels- and they frequently use different size and style wheels for testing. If I had to guess- Id guess it is a M6. but its only a guess.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
It's too bad you can't see the brakes, because that seemed to be a dead give away during the early spy shots of the E60 M5.

Regards,
:cheers:
Terk.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Id say it´s an early M6 version, the grille is there, and also the tailpipes have too much space, the quad pipes are a dead giveaway, so that is one way to mask it..

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Yup, M5 and M6. Notice the big brakes of the 6-series.

Grr, I have to move up north in Sweden, these pics were taken in the northern Sweden :viking: :2:

·
Registered
92 Posts
//edit

M6 definitly has quadpipes.

As you can see on the pictures...in the rear, there still is some space for quadpipes. Furthermore 6/M6 is not _that_ mor agressive looking than 5/M5.

//edit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Taipan said:
Id say it´s an early M6 version, the grille is there, and also the tailpipes have too much space, the quad pipes are a dead giveaway, so that is one way to mask it..
Aggreed!

Looking forward to OFFICIAL M5-pictures :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts