BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
according to the chart, that is actually only the theorectical top speed with the gearing in the car.. The car doesn't have enough power to do that speed on level ground... No doubt it can reach 334km/h if you're going down a 45 degree slope... hiha

·
Registered
375 Posts
Anyone have any threads/pics/info on the M5 nardo test where it went 330kmh? Would love to see that writeup! :wroom:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Gustav said:
Rumurs: it have already done at least 330 km/h.
In Europe there is a law about speed indicator for cars:

V1 is the real speed
V2 is the displayed speed

This formula must every time be correct:

0 <= V2-V1 <= V1/10 + 4

Thus if we are driving 300 km/h as real speed on our display the value must be between 300 and 334 km/h. And it will be much more near to 334 km/h then to 300 km/h ;)

The speed we can reach with the gear ration could only be reached on a dynometer (your car is driving in a closed room). There you don´t have any influence of downforce and no influence of Cw*A which is the main factor for not reaching the speed nor you have any influence from you wheight.
But if you reach there 324 km/h then in real this will be around 300 km/h. I have seen a Porsche Cayenne turbo on a dyno with 296 km/h in real only 266 km/h.

AM

·
Registered
304 Posts
Dirkies said:
whatever the real speed is, I think we all agree it's too fast to drive a saloon like that... ! :eek:h:
That´s what I´m talking all the time. To many think that lateral speed is enough. Trying to drive a saloon at the same speed as a real super sports car is madness.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts