1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel/4/42/427/427588/bil3.jpg
http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel/4/42/427/427681/bilfarlig_sakspano2.jpg

Unhappy costumer?

The short version of the story is that this guy bought a couple of MB Vito's for his business, and isn't very happy with them. The stickers on the car say:

- Problem car (hood sticker)

- This car is life threatening

- Can (hardly) drive forward or backwards, even on dry tarmac.

- Can't park with the handbrake in hills.

- Tires worn out in two months.

- Have you also been screwed by this cars dealer/importer?

- Call XX XX XX for free assistance (he actually put his phone number on the car).

The owner has parked the car close to a very busy street for people to see it. He has also threatened to park his two other Vito's at similar locations. I should add that the importer seem to have offered him a full refund when the first sign of trouble with the cars started. People from the west coast of Norway are usually a bit ouich though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My mother once did something similar with a Merc. She'd owned many and bought a '95 S320V new in the summer of '94. She had a recurring problem where there was a violent slamming in the rear end of the car when making turns (almost like there was a bowling ball in the trunk). The car spent month after month in and out of the shop having different things done and nothing was able to fix the car. She started screaming lemon law to no avail. The new E-Class was coming out and she and my father received invitations to to a black tie party at Norman Scott M-B in Houston. The week before the party she went to a sign company we use a lot (we're realtors) and had large magnetic lemons made. The night of the party she put the lemons all over the car and drove to the party. Her and my father pulled right up to the front of the dealer where they were met by the GM and sales manager who politely asked for their keys and said, "Mrs. Collins, your new S320 is parked out back. We'll have everything ready for you when you are ready to leave." They made her a fair trade on her car and she was able to pick up a new '96 S320V in the same colors that night.

Hopefully if the car is truly worthless this will work for the guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts