BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm thinking to sell my beast and I really don't know what money to ask for ...

2003 BMW M5 E39 Individual Fueller Hellrot (aka Japanrot or Electric Red BMW Color Code 438) 71.000 miles, 2nd owner, never been on the race track or in the snow!
I has 2 mods:
- red angel eyes
- I installed the AC Schnitzer DFC suspension control panel ... but I didn't install the AC Schnitzer DFC coilovers yet!

Also I have for her (never installed) the Hamann Daytona Beach wide body kit (I paid $12.000 for the kit years ago - special order at Hamman Germany! (front fenders, side skirts and rear fender flares) no wheels!

More pictures here:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/117425-2003-bmw-m5-individual-fueller-hellrot-vs-2003-m3-imola-red-warning-no-56k-modem.html

What's the right price for her! Any advise really appreciated!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Exactly, your car will be easier to sell as is and fetch top dollar ( clean and low miles ). While the body kit can be sold separately ( you may loose some $ on it though ).
A 2003 like yours should fetch around 20-25k depending on how strong the market is in your area.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Probably 18-22 depending on condition for a 70k mile M5.

I agree sell that body kit somewhere else.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Individual should fetch top dollars, I'd list for 25 and see what bites, prob take any offer in the 22 range.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
I wouldn't go with any of the prices suggested so far. You can probably call Eric at EAG and have an instant wire to your account for $25k for this car, so that would be a no hassle way to sell it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hamann Daytona Beach wide body kit ....

I was painful expensive ... I paid $12.000 for:
- both front fenders;
- both front bumper flares;
- both rear fender flares;
- both rear bumper flares
- both side skirts.

I didn't get the rims ... on the rear axle you will need 12' wide rims (unknown ET) and 355/30/19 tires (very wide tires)

After I got the parts from Hamann Germany I figured out that:
- front fenders are made out of 4 fenders (2 - M5 E39 fenders and 2 - M3 E46 fenders);
- rear fender flares are made out of 2 rear M3 E46 fenders (cut out the flares from the M3 fenders)
All 4 bumper flares and side skirts are made out of fiberglass

I think could be done at a good body shop if you have the parts from an M3 E46.

My project stopped at that time because I got sick ... hospitals, etc. anyway ..
I my mind was to put some Neez RS-One wheels (not Hamann wheels) and I was not able to find a somebody, somewhere around Chicago area to do some measurements and to tell me exactly what ET I will need for the rear rims.
I knew the rim diameter 19 and 12 wide .... but no ET numbers (Hamann didn't want to tell me).

I really love those magnesium Neez RS-One wheels Made In Japan!

So far I don't know if I will sell my M5 or any other aftermarket parts I have for her (AC Schnitzer DFC Suspension ... Hamann stuff and some Dinan stuff) but I may be cheaper if you try to find a good body shop and do the fenders and the flares for you ...

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is a EAG quality car. Call them up.

I totally skipped the color when I threw my estimate out there. A premium color would add 2-4k on top of the average prices.

If it was below 50k miles. Eric isn't interested in multiple owner cars with higher mileage (I've never seen an E39 with over 80k miles).

Still it's worth a shot to see if he is interested.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I totally skipped the color when I threw my estimate out there. A premium color would add 2-4k on top of the average prices.

If it was below 50k miles. Eric isn't interested in multiple owner cars with higher mileage (I've never seen an E39 with over 80k miles).

Still it's worth a shot to see if he is interested.

Last time I looked a couple days ago, EAG has a 70k+ miles E39 M5 in his stable for sale. Seeing this is a special color and being only the 2nd owner, I wouldn't put this as a definitely pass from EAG's standpoint. If this was my car, I would be selling myself short to not give Eric a shot to check it out.

Good luck OP!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
EAG will give you an offer for it as long as the title is clean. I'm the third owner of my car, and I bought it with a little over 80k miles from EAG. If you're not in a rush though, the car will likely sell to a board member.

·
Registered
991 Posts
So far I don't know if I will sell my M5 or any other aftermarket parts I have for her (AC Schnitzer DFC Suspension ... Hamann stuff and some Dinan stuff) but I may be cheaper if you try to find a good body shop and do the fenders and the flares for you ...
If you want to tell us about all your cool stuff you don't have to pretend to be selling it. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know what you're trying to say ... but keep in mind I did not say "for sale"!

My eyes are on this M5 E60! This one is in Germany for sale ... and I am sick now ....
to get this one too, to sell mine and keep that one in Europe, to get mine to Europe and keep both of them ...

:sad2::sad1::eek::eek:h::mad:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts