BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am newly married and never use the back seats in the M5. It is my hope to get back into HPDE events this summer and the M5 is not exactly a track weapon. The prices of 2006-2008 911 4S' are pretty attractive at the moment and I have already received a trade offer on my 2007 M5 that is just shy of 40K when you factor in the tax savings. The 997TT is a little too much car for me at present. Anyone make a similar move? I have been a long time M5 owner and think it might be time for a change. The good news is that I have not found one that meets my criteria so I have some time to think this over......

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I am newly married and never use the back seats in the M5. It is my hope to get back into HPDE events this summer and the M5 is not exactly a track weapon. The prices of 2006-2008 911 4S' are pretty attractive at the moment and I have already received a trade offer on my 2007 M5 that is just shy of 40K when you factor in the tax savings. The 997TT is a little too much car for me at present. Anyone make a similar move? I have been a long time M5 owner and think it might be time for a change. The good news is that I have not found one that meets my criteria so I have some time to think this over......

I think it is a great car if you want something more nimble (and also better for Northeast winters). Just make sure you are okay with the decrease in power, as the 997 C4s definitely has less kick than an M5. And if you can, get one with the Porsche sport exhaust. It sounds awesome!

Btw, that is a very good trade in price you are getting on your M5!

Good luck with your decision.

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sinds my car was stolen last January, I was on the look for a replacement. I testdrove a 997 2009 2s PDK.

But.

I did'nt liked it at all. Although the car is more sportier than the M5 it will allways be so. So the driving and windnoise, the though suspention, the low seat and step in. It is just far from the comfort as the M5 is able to deliver.

So sorry for mr. Porsche but no 997 for me.

Btw the PDK is amazing, much faster than the SMG.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Michael, Having owned both I can offer the following thoughts: they are entirely different cars with different pros and cons. If you have not owned a Pcar yet, I highly recommend it. There is nothing like one. If you are going to do track events, I would recommend you look for a nice GT3 in your price range. Lastly, don't test drive a turbo; boost is very addictive. Ideally, you keep beep both cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts