BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my beast for 8 months and I'm seriously thinking about trading it in.
A couple weeks ago, I found a present in the garage.. a large puddle of oil!
Took it into the shop and it was a busted oil cooler! I *fear* that the oil cooler will need to be replaced again, and again, and again due to the bottom of the car scraping the driveway/street transition. say, every 8 months :(.
The dealership was great, replacing it under warranty but I don't think I'll be that lucky next time.
So my options are limited.
1. change the profile of my driveway/road/curb transition (that would require convincing both the wife and the HOA)
2. replace the oil cooler regularly
3. replace the car with a touch higher ride height.

my sales advisor gave me a sales loaner while my car was in the shop.. a 2011 550i-Xdrive! what a gorgeous car! my wife & kids loved it.

so, SA mission accomplished.. I have the itch.
for those that haven't driven the 2011 550i, it's a special car.
My problem with the 550 is it's WAY more expensive than the competing (significantly equipped) MB E550 or A6 4.2.

what other options may I have?
help!! talk me out of it!!!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ajax had the same issue with his multimillion dollar lake house-- driveway was brutal on anything but the SUV. So bought a second modest home in the city. No way the Beast is going to pay for Ajax's stupid mistake in house selection!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Just replaced my oil cooler on $tealer due to leakin oil
:mad:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Before you go off of the deep end, if you must trade due to the driveway go for an M5. At least that way you still have the power and can look at yourself in the morning. I would uproot the house and move it closer to the street.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I've had my beast for 8 months and I'm seriously thinking about trading it in.
A couple weeks ago, I found a present in the garage.. a large puddle of oil!
Took it into the shop and it was a busted oil cooler! I *fear* that the oil cooler will need to be replaced again, and again, and again due to the bottom of the car scraping the driveway/street transition. say, every 8 months :(.
The dealership was great, replacing it under warranty but I don't think I'll be that lucky next time.
So my options are limited.
1. change the profile of my driveway/road/curb transition (that would require convincing both the wife and the HOA)
2. replace the oil cooler regularly
3. replace the car with a touch higher ride height.

my sales advisor gave me a sales loaner while my car was in the shop.. a 2011 550i-Xdrive! what a gorgeous car! my wife & kids loved it.

so, SA mission accomplished.. I have the itch.
for those that haven't driven the 2011 550i, it's a special car.
My problem with the 550 is it's WAY more expensive than the competing (significantly equipped) MB E550 or A6 4.2.

what other options may I have?
help!! talk me out of it!!!
Why are you even comparing an M6 and a 550i? I realize you need something with a higher ride height but as nice as it may be, a 550i is not in the same performance league as the ///M cars. Why not consider an X5M or X6M?

-b.

·
Registered
370 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts