BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old e60 (other account; got locked and was not able to get it back)
Current Truck (attached)

Been thinking of coming back to the M5 family for a while now, still miss my Indy Red daily (see lithophane nightnight lol). Thinking of a 2015-2016 F10. I know its not a V10, but I assume with an RPi exhaust I'll get back the growl of my previous M5.

Diggin the Sakhir Orange or Imperial Blue. I see they have BMW 'Individual' Imola Red Paint...but it looks much more red than my 06 Indy Red. Mine seemed to be a darker red but (clean) and in sunlight it was like a burnt orange. Are the F10's prone to similar issues as the e60; vanos, bearings..?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Good luck in your search! You will never match the joyous sound of the V10 with aftermarket exhaust. That said, the RPI GTM system is very nice from what I've read/heard.

I have Imperial Blue on my M5. I love it. They are hard to find though as it's one of the lower production number colors. Finding Imola red will be even harder. Especially once you factor in what other options you might want. Must haves IMO: Executive package, driver assistance package (for the cameras, not the actual assistance features LOL) and FULL leather option. Nice haves: B&O stereo, style 343M wheels - these are forged and lighter than the style 601 comp package wheels

·
Registered
20 Posts
the F10 is definitely less of of money pit compared to the E60 M5. the V8 TT tone is a little different from the V10 but yes the RPI GTM will totally open her up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts