BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got silver grey paint with a black interior,thinking of changin to the red like the car that one of the boardees has,but really don't fancy the price for the full leather..what does the full leather cover ?

·
Registered
457 Posts
markf said:
got silver grey paint with a black interior,thinking of changin to the red like the car that one of the boardees has,but really don't fancy the price for the full leather..what does the full leather cover ?
Everything! Compared to the extended leather trim the full leather trim also has got leather on the upper dash, back of the front seats and the complete doors are covered with leather. You also get the Alcantara roof lining.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I think Silver Grey and Red is a great combination but Full Red Leather sounds like it would be overwhelming. Why not save some money but getting extended leather (Standard) inside and order the Alcantara headlining separately?! The black and red effect of the extended (not full) red leather would look sharp.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I have to agree with Ashok. I think the Silver Grey with extended Red would look amazing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
Everything! Compared to the extended leather trim the full leather trim also has got leather on the upper dash, back of the front seats and the complete doors are covered with leather. You also get the Alcantara roof lining.
So, the colour differences in the interior you can see between m6 and 645 (especially at the lower dashboard, doors and the central console), is that because it's a M6 (extended leather) or is it because this M6 has full leather. So, my question is, has a M6 with only extende leather this special colour combination in comparison to the 645?

M6 is Lizius car

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes lizius car is full leather,i think its nice.

But you get the rear of the seats,the alacantra roof lining,part of the dash and the doors in leather ? Seems like not a lot for the £5000 cost.

hmmm some thinking to do,i feel the black extended with the piano black maybe a bit too much black.

·
Registered
457 Posts
fcbblue said:
So, the colour differences in the interior you can see between m6 and 645 (especially at the lower dashboard, doors and the central console), is that because it's a M6 (extended leather) or is it because this M6 has full leather. So, my question is, has a M6 with only extende leather this special colour combination in comparison to the 645?
M6 is Lizius car
The first picture shows a non individual 6 series. It has nothing to do with the interior of an M6 because of the white (always same colour as the seats) floor covering (carpet) and the white 'edged' doors. The second picture shows an M6 full leather trim. As for the extended leather trim, its lower dash is always covered with black leather.

The link below shows an individual extented leather trim if you have a look at the 6 series coupe and a full leather trim for the 6 series convertible. Extended and full leather trims for the individual 6 series and M6 look *almost* the same. The difference is the black upper inlay of the doors. Are you confused now? ;)

http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/equipment/individual/index.html

·
Registered
28 Posts
No, I'm not confused :)
So a m6 has the cheapest individuel package, and the full leather m6 the most expensive one.
I didn't know a m6 had this basic individual package, so that was my question. I find it a nice touch of bmw doing this for the m6.
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so if i had extended red leather ,using the m6 pic here as an example...the doors would be all black,the dahsboard all balck and the central console with the smg lever all black..and the arm rest black as well ?

Sorry to be a pain,but i cannot use the visualizer ,and the uk delaers have no systems to show what the spec would look like...very poor really.

·
Registered
28 Posts
markf said:
so if i had extended red leather ,using the m6 pic here as an example...the doors would be all black,the dahsboard all balck and the central console with the smg lever all black..and the arm rest black as well ?

Sorry to be a pain,but i cannot use the visualizer ,and the uk delaers have no systems to show what the spec would look like...very poor really.
no, no
Extended leather looks almost the same as the full leather. The only difference in colour with Lizius m6 is that the lower part of the dash is black. The rest (armset, central console with the smg lever) is the same.
But I don't see the difference in the door. In the visualiser, the two doors look completly the same??

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fcbblue said:
no, no
Extended leather looks almost the same as the full leather. The only difference in colour with Lizius m6 is that the lower part of the dash is black. The rest (armset, central console with the smg lever) is the same.
But I don't see the difference in the door. In the visualiser, the two doors look completly the same??

ifthat is right then they are charging £5000 to put leather on the rear of the seats and to have alacantra roof lining. That can't be right,there must be something else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
markf said:
ifthat is right then they are charging £5000 to put leather on the rear of the seats and to have alacantra roof lining. That can't be right,there must be something else.
The difference is that they put leather on the back of the seats, alcantara roof lining and also the whole dashboard is covered with leather. So the difference in the upper dash is that with full leather it's fully covered with black leather. The extended leather doesn't have leather here, but the dash is black anyway, so you don't see a colour difference. In the lower dash, with the full leather, the leather has the colour of the seats, whith the extended leather it's just black. So with the full leather, there is much more leather, but you don't see much colour differences.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fcbblue said:
The difference is that they put leather on the back of the seats, alcantara roof lining and also the whole dashboard is covered with leather. So the difference in the upper dash is that with full leather it's fully covered with black leather. The extended leather doesn't have leather here, but the dash is black anyway, so you don't see a colour difference. In the lower dash, with the full leather, the leather has the colour of the seats, whith the extended leather it's just black. So with the full leather, there is much more leather, but you don't see much colour differences.

ok,still seems like a lot of money for not a lot of leather.Indeed the salesman said what a ridiculous price it was.

·
Registered
457 Posts
markf said:
ok,still seems like a lot of money for not a lot of leather.Indeed the salesman said what a ridiculous price it was.
Car magazines don't recommend full leather. It's only for enthusiats that hate to look at plastic. It must be offered for a 100.000,-- € car!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
Compare this picture with Luzius' M6.
QUOTE]
Yes, that's exactly what I want to say. This is the 6 series individual convertible of the visualiser, so it's a full leather one. It looks like there is still a small difference between a full leather individual and a full leather M6.
What ever, this little piece doesn't matter a lot. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
fcbblue said:
no, no
They look the same but are not the same. The black part of the door is covered with leather if you go for the full leather and pastic if you choose extended leather.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts