BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody,

I currently have an F12 M6 and I would like to purchase an E60 M5. I saw an absolutely stunning 2009 BMW M5 with 26k miles with the Alpine White exterior and Black Merino full extended leather (probably the most cleanest E60 M5 I have ever seen). The car is located in Los Angeles, CA The car also has powder-coated black OEM wheels (which I will probably swap out with some BBS wheels and Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes), black front & side grilles. I am thinking of purchasing the car and installing the S85 VT2-650 Supercharger System by ESS. Please let me know your thoughts and opinions on the supercharger for this M5. The E60 M5 will always be my favorite //M because of its naturally aspirated high-revving V10 (it will sound amazing with the Eisenmann Race exhaust with the Dinan X-pipe along with a secondary cat delete). I defiantly am considering buying this M5, I love my M6 but the E60 M5 is something else.

Reactions: KennethH

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Hello everybody,

I currently have an F12 M6 and I would like to purchase an E60 M5. I saw an absolutely stunning 2009 BMW M5 with 26k miles with the Alpine White exterior and Black Merino full extended leather (probably the most cleanest E60 M5 I have ever seen). The car is located in Los Angeles, CA The car also has powder-coated black OEM wheels (which I will probably swap out with some BBS wheels and Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes), black front & side grilles. I am thinking of purchasing the car and installing the S85 VT2-650 Supercharger System by ESS. Please let me know your thoughts and opinions on the supercharger for this M5. The E60 M5 will always be my favorite //M because of its naturally aspirated high-revving V10 (it will sound amazing with the Eisenmann Race exhaust with the Dinan X-pipe along with a secondary cat delete). I defiantly am considering buying this M5, I love my M6 but the E60 M5 is something else.
That M5 you speak of the owner is a member on this forum. Here is his for sale thread.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/ca...r-interior-eisenmann-race-exhaust-system.html

Reactions: F12M6

·
Registered
154 Posts
Its a proven kit. Also take a look at the gintani sc system. Don't let others talk you into a particular brand. Its the exact same kit with a dfferent plenum color, so let the politics rest and contact both companies and go with your gut. I only mention gintani because they were having a good sale. Its a great kit and i'll be going down that route in due time. Ess is a sponsor here so most board members run that kit and recommend that one in particular. Im sure the boosted members will chime in soon. Good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its a proven kit. Also take a look at the gintani sc system. Don't let others talk you into a particular brand. Its the exact same kit with a dfferent plenum color, so let the politics rest and contact both companies and go with your gut. I only mention gintani because they were having a good sale. Its a great kit and i'll be going down that route in due time. Ess is a sponsor here so most board members run that kit and recommend that one in particular. Im sure the boosted members will chime in soon. Good luck!
Any clue how much HP gain you will get with the Gintani supercharger? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Which will be a better choice (supercharger or a stroker)? In some cases I heard you can do both, I'm sure it is accomplishable. But if I were to stroke the E60 M5 I would go with Dinan.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Any clue how much HP gain you will get with the Gintani supercharger? Thanks in advance.
550-600 at the wheels depending on tune, so thats about 200-250hp. Its hard to have a solid number because most are whp figures and it depends how aggressive you want to run your motor.

Stroker vs supercharger: idk man. Stroker builds are expensive because its a motor build. Those are always more expensive than a bolton. Depends on what you want.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Which will be a better choice (supercharger or a stroker)? In some cases I heard you can do both, I'm sure it is accomplishable. But if I were to stroke the E60 M5 I would go with Dinan.

+1
I would also like to hear what's a better choice (price wise, performance, etc...)

·
Registered
769 Posts
You need to search the forum and read the reviews. I'm sure the Gintani is as good as anything else. However, I think you should go with the one that seems to be most willing to help you with custom options, for tuning. And don't believe ANYONE who says that one or the other kit give more gains then the rest. It's really simple laws of physics here, the more you boost and/or tune it aggressively, the more power it will make. This applies regardless of which kit you get and also the fact that more power puts more stress on the vital components in the engine and drivetrain. I've seen threads here implying something contradictory.
The stroker options is very nice, but I found it hard to motivate the high cost. At least for me.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Just search my threads as I have the setup already.

You may want to skip the link below as that is when I went to the next stage :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
There are several members here that had/have this kit. It's proven and from what I know, reliable. Some even DD their beast.

Dan

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would love to do this one day! Too bad the ROI wasn't better, in my experience; having a turbo makes it much easier to get more HP at a better cost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just buy the car, no SC needed mate. This engine is an absolute gem in NA form.
I know it's fine the way it is, but I want to get the most power out of the car.

Reactions: MIGHTY5

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would love to do this one day! Too bad the ROI wasn't better, in my experience; having a turbo makes it much easier to get more HP at a better cost.
Absolutely true, my F12 M6 gained a lot of HP because of the turbos.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
why dinan? Suggest you search the forum. MichaelG just had RD Sport Stroke his e60 and he lives in SoCal.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Yeah why Dinan? So when something fails in your engine they can leave you out hanging and to foot the bill for a new motor? lol.

Like that guy with his failed piston rings in the 5.7 motor that was addressed in the 5.8 which Dinan knew about.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to go with Dinan because when I purchase the E60 I am going to put it under warranty and I believe Dinan is the only company that does not void factory warranty.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts