BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning all,

I'm thinking about buying a new (to me) E60 with 27,500km on it. The asking price is $89,000 CAN

The options on the vehicle are as follows:
Ventilated Seats Front
Madeira Wood Trim
Heads Up Display
Executive Package
Comfort Access
M Multifunction Seats
Active Seat Bolsters
Manual Side Sunshade
Elect Rear Sunshade
Heated Seats Rear
Park Distance Control (PDC)
Winter tires & rims

Exterior colour - Black
Interior colour - Silverstone Full Merino Leather

The production date was May of 2006

I have attached a few pics.

Is this a fair price for the vehicle? Any help in making this decision would be appreciated.

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
I like!!

I wish I could get one for that price over here in Ireland!!!!

I presume that those are the winter tyres and the standard set come with the car?

Only thing I would like to change is the interior trim, I'm just not a fan of wood trim - yet :3:

Best of luck with your decision!!

Richie.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car comes with both sets of tires (winter & summer):deal:

I like!!

I wish I could get one for that price over here in Ireland!!!!

I presume that those are the winter tyres and the standard set come with the car?

Only thing I would like to change is the interior trim, I'm just not a fan of wood trim - yet :3:

Best of luck with your decision!!

Richie.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Your profile doesn't list what you currently own. And from your sig, whatever it is that you have has lots of farkles, but again, I'm having to guess that it's an E39 (since you are posting an E60 question on the E39 board)?

Can't help you on the price since I live in America and our dollar is falling by the minute. Last I checked, a Canadian dollar will now buy half of Wisconsin.:3:

Nice looking car... but if you move from an E39 to the E60, you will miss the torque. And having a proper transmission.

Michael

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
seems to be a good deal ... if you'r OK with driving M5 with automatic transmission

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I currently drive a 2000 E39 M5 (which I love!).

I meant to post this in the E60 section however I guess I messed up. How can I move the post now?

Your profile doesn't list what you currently own. And from your sig, whatever it is that you have has lots of farkles, but again, I'm having to guess that it's an E39 (since you are posting an E60 question on the E39 board)?

Can't help you on the price since I live in America and our dollar is falling by the minute. Last I checked, a Canadian dollar will now buy half of Wisconsin.:3:

Nice looking car... but if you move from an E39 to the E60, you will miss the torque. And having a proper transmission.

Michael

·
Registered
46 Posts
What did you decide? Have you picked up the car yet? If not let me know, being a dealer I may be able to help you out if intrested.
Shawn

·
Registered
526 Posts
That's awesome J

I noticed the signature change in your previous post and was wondering when you upgraded. Thats a great colour combo you got there !

So tell us a bit about your driving impressions so far. What in your opinion is a lot better with the new car than your old E39? What features are you already missing from the old M5?

So what else you got to sell me from the E39 M5? (wink)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I picked up the car on Jan. 2, 2008 :biggrinbounce:

You have asked me a difficult question to answer. The two cars are so much different from one another that you can hardly compare them to each other. The advances in technology in the E60 are vast.

The Heads Up Display (HUD) as well as the side bolsters, perforated seats (to allow air conditioning to flow to your body), i-Drive, heated rear seats etc... the list is long. My E60 has every option available during that production date. All of these options are fantastic.

There are 11 different ways to set up the car as far as the performance and comfort of the ride is concerned.

I drove 2,900km in the first 3 days of owning the car. The car can be set up to feel like you are driving your most favorite comfy chair (thus why I was able to drive 2,900km in 28 hours) or like a stiff tight sports car (M mode).

The performance of the E39 was great however the new E60 is even better with the exception of the torque. The E39 has a great range of torque where the E60 has to be at a higher RPM. Having said that the E60 is still a rocket. This BMW sleeper can really give you a rush and fast!

SMG, I takes some getting used to but in the end I don't know why people don't like it. As has been said on the E60 forum before "SMG is for manual drivers who know the difference". I just love it!

In the new E60 there is more head room as well as leg room in the back seat. There is also more room in the trunk. In the E39 the amp hung to low and took up valuable space that isn't the case in the E60.

The only real shock to me was the poor gas mileage from the E60. Why should I be so surprised by a gas guzzling V10. I used to get 15 liters per 100km with my E39 in the city and 10 liters per 100km on the hwy but with the E60 it's more like 21 liters per 100km in the city and 13 liters per 100km on the hwy.
Yes, I'm a spirited driver, I mean what M5 owner wouldn't be. The reason I hoping the gas mileage would be the same as the E39 is simple, technology. I thought the new technology in the car would help assist with this issue.

Oil consumption in the E60 has been excellent. The new E60 (or at least mine) hasn't burned any oil so far (I have driven 4,000km so far). I guess this makes up for the poor gas mileage.

I really enjoyed the my E39 and the styling was IMHO the best design to date however the E60 styling grows on me every day. Since I bought the car I have been complimented on the look several times. Apparently this M5 turns heads too!

In summery, I'm glad I upgraded to the new E60 and would highly recommend anyone is thinking about making the move to go for it! You won't be disappointed.

:cheers:
John

That's awesome J

I noticed the signature change in your previous post and was wondering when you upgraded. Thats a great colour combo you got there !

So tell us a bit about your driving impressions so far. What in your opinion is a lot better with the new car than your old E39? What features are you already missing from the old M5?

So what else you got to sell me from the E39 M5? (wink)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
BMWNTHZST
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing