BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my M5 and I like to cruise at 180kph. this is nice, but the 4,000+rpm gets old after a little bit.

And my local junk yard has recently aquired a 750iLlovelove

I've already swiped the front and rear brakes, as well at the 25mm master cylinder. but i was also thinking of taking the diff.

I've been told that 750iL's came with 3.15 in the early years and 3.64LSD post 92. is this information correct? I was thinking a 3.73LSD would be great step down from the 3.91LSD, but for the price I can aquire the 3.64, i'm just going to have to try it out!

do any of you BMW encyclopedias know for sure if the E32 750iL came with a limited slip?

edit: i'm going to refrence the VIN to realoem tuesday when the junk yard opens again. this will probably answer all the questions i just asked! doh!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the VIN today. the last 7 is dc57570 so by looking at real OEM, it looks to be a 3.64 LSD:cheers:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi. Sorry to revive an old tread, but thought i should share my experience.

I have recently changed the 3.23 diff on my 6-speeder with a 3.64 (40% lock).
The car pulls so much nicer, and the gear ratio is fenomenal. All gears are approximately 20km\h lower, and 6th lowered from 325 to 295km\h (theoretically :typing:).
Perfect ratio IMHO. The revs in 6th on motorway-cruising isn't annoying or anything.

Cheers,

Peter

·
Registered
244 Posts
diference

if you have the records , it would be nice to know the diference in 0-60 before and after , to get a sense of acceleration diference between the 2 diffs

·
Registered
1995 BMW M5 Touring Individual Orinoco over Petrol Mint
617 Posts
I personally felt little difference in acceleration, I simply felt that the gears got shortened :) !
In town, it made coming out of turns in third much more fun with more grunt without downshifting to second and sounding like I just stole the car.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Have read about the 3.91 in the 6sp cars being a bit of a revelation somewhere on the board

My Diff will soon need a rebuild, now i`m thinking of swapping a 3.91 as a temp measure while mine is being rebuilt:noSMG::noSMG:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts