BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear All,
I think it has come time to part with my beauty, and couldn't think of another way to get information about what I should expect to get for her, then to ask my friends on here. I'm not a big fan of craigslist, and so I was thinking about putting it on EBay, unless someone here would be interested. I am located in San Diego, but will drive her to any potential buyer within reason. I will also ship anywhere within the US.

This car is my baby, and has been garaged daily, and had washed/waxed weekly since I owned her. I have the title in hand, and would simply like to move up to a newer M5. I am still in touch with with the previous owner, and can provide his number for any further questions. The vehicle is in immaculate condition with the exception of a cracked front lower spoiler which happened from pulling up too close over one of those parking things in a lot.

Besides the standard stuff, Here is the info:

2003 Titanium Silver Metallic E39 M5
140,000 Miles (i've driven her across country and back twice)
Black Interior
Optional “Complete” Leather upholstery and door, dash and center console trim with Burl Walnut Wood Interior
Optional “Luxury” Pleated Nappa heritage Leather Seats
Optional M-Audio Stereo System with 6 disc CD-Changer and two factory 10” subwoofers
Navigation system w/ 2008 Navigation CD’s
Xenon headlights with auto-leveling technology
Tint on all four windows and rear
All Service history since new
Two keys

Custom Imola Red trim interior

AC Schnitzer Type III Chrome Wheels
Front 18 x 8 Wheels wrapped in PZero Nero 245/40 ZR 18's
Rear 18 x 8.5 Wheels wrapped in PZero Nero 275/35 ZR 18's

Full Alcantara Suede Package

///M Custom Black Floormats (Lloyds)
///M badging in the headrests
///M Badging on the front Grill
///M Stainless racing pedals
Full K&N Filter package under the hood
Custom Smoked (black tinted) headlights and taillights
Front Chrome grill inserts

MORE PICTURES CAN BE SENT/ADDED. RIGHT NOW I'M JUST LOOKING FOR SOME ASKING PRICE SUGGESTIONS!!

RYAN - (714) 225-8358

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another picture I found. It's miserable out, and so I haven't had a chance for a recent photoshoot!
I hope you get the idea...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If you can put it back to mostly stock appearance so you can attract most buyers, I would say $16,999 would be a good place to start at that mileage.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input, and I'm eager to hear what everyone has to say.
With that said, I would like to sell it without putting it back to stock as I don't have the OEM stuff.

RZ

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
If as nice as you say it is, I'd just keep it. With 140K miles, you are not going to get much for it. But - if running well - still a blast to drive.

GL

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Is the tint on the head and tails removable? If so...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Id love to keep it, but to be honest I'd like to put the cash down on a 2010, and I also own another Sports Car, and the wife
wants one to go... She has the P****, she makes the rules!

as far as the tint goes, YES, it's simply a film that was put over them like window tint is put inside your windows.
It was actually put on to stop rock chips.. and I opted for a dark film instead of clear.

Make me an offer..lol.. Ill even drive it to you if you cover the gas!
Ryan

·
Registered
345 Posts
Tortuga, - not to thread jack this post but I noticed in your sig you still have your old Nav unit? If so, can you email me? Thanks, Slideways

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the Hi-Jack :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I would suggest that you'd be lucky to get anywhere near 17K with those miles. The car looks great, but that red trim and the smoked lenses are undoubtedly an acquired taste. That could make it more difficult to sell (although admittedly might get a few extra dollars once that "special person" finds you). I'd suggest low teens if you really want to sell it.

Nothing wrong with Craigslist if you don't mind dealing with losers, no-shows and deadbeats. ;) eBay is great in that you get national exposure. I'd suggest that and enthusiast forums such as this, Bimmerfest, etc.

GLWS.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the advice. I own the car free and clear, so I would take 15K.
I'm thinking of putting it on ebay with no reserve and seeing what happens.

RZ

·
Registered
345 Posts
Kode3-M5, Sorry again. This is very frustrating as I can't reply privately to the 2 people who have privately posted my inquiry to the Nav unit until I have 45 posts. There has to be a better way. Anyway, Hillco and Tortuga, can you both please email me at [email protected] to discuss your MkII Nav systems? Thanks and sorry again to Kode3-M5!!! Beautifull car, good luck with the sale!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I think we might have a buyer in San Jose.. and KBB is around 16k for Private Party, and 19k for Retail!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It finally stopped raining in Southern CA, so I had a beach photoshoot today.. will post some new pics :)

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
She has the P****, she makes the rules!
Not in MY house kinggf

Seriously though, if you want to sell it, spend a couple bucks making it look unmolested. Whether or not someone likes the bright-and-in-your-face-holy-mother-of-god-its-everywhere red trim, most people wont and at the least it implies you tinkered with the car, probably drove it hard. Make the car stock as beans and you can fetch a little more for it. Wood trim sets are not that expensive.

Alpine White is a highly sought after color, with records that car can be worth something

·
Registered
647 Posts
Alpine White is a highly sought after color, with records that car can be worth something
Are we looking at the same car? Because I swear OP's car is a TiAg, not an Alpine White? :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts