BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a sucker for free shipping. :cool:

Indoor Inflatable Car Capsule - Car Covers - Car Maintenance - Griot's Garage

Retain the value of your collector-quality car with this easy, innovative storage solution. The indoor capsule's 10-mil, double-polished, radio-frequency-welded clear PVC prevents dust from settling on the car while protecting it from accidental bumps caused by falling bikes, brooms, rakes, etc. A filtered 150-CFM constant-on fan circulates air three to four times per hour, keeping the temperature and humidity consistent while eliminating condensation. Additional features include a heavy-duty nylon zipper that keeps rodents out and a tough base mat made from 18-mil Herculite® fabric that's impervious to oil, gas, and antifreeze, while also resistant to mildew and abrasions. Indoor capsules can be ordered in five lengths from 14 feet to 22 feet. Width for most all sizes is 78" except the 22-foot option which is 90" wide. Regular height is 68" or choose the tall option at 80" (the 22-foot option is only available in the tall, 80" height).

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Reactions: AGM5

·
Registered
318 Posts
I know some people in the UK who've used one for a number of years, and are very impressed: Carcoon Storage Systems . But damp is an endless problem with storing your car long term in the UK, so for something rare and fairly valuable (and not used too often!) they're worth it compared with professional off-site storage.

ps the owner also reports that his car has not contracted any form of STD while using the protection.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Cool! Looks pretty cheap relatively speaking. I bet it will cost more than $350 in electric in the first year to run the 15amp industrial fan motor 24/7 on a garage queen car. Gotta keep the M burning fossil fuels at all times in some way, shape or form ha ha!

Maybe it can be used in "eco-friendly" mode and you can leave the engine running and the exhaust will keep the bubble inflated, thus "saving" electric LOL.

I wonder how the plastic bubble is kept off the paint initially to avoid scratches prior to full inflation.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I wonder how the plastic bubble is kept off the paint initially to avoid scratches prior to full inflation.
Curse you all! I dug deeper and found this version which has a frame that allows easy access and means the car can be taken out with little fuss and faffing about.
Let's see - if keeping the car free of moisture saved one complete set of brake discs from getting pad marked due to standing, and stopped any dust getting on it, and a set of discs costs........ :3:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts