BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think?

As most of you know, I just got these HRE's last week, changed tires twice ect. I was talking to my guy at HRE and I think I'm going to order some 21's. I know it may hurt performance, but I have alot of faster cars than the M5 anyway, so I'm going to order some 21's tomorrow.. My current set up is 20x9f 20/10.5r 893r w/charcoal center, w/ Pirelli Zeros, 255/35/20f 295 30/20r. These will be forsale soon and will have low miles on them, maybe 200 or so, when I sell them. They fit with no issues and the 295/30's are wider than the 305 PS2's on my Daughter's 5 series..

SW

·
Registered
637 Posts
If more than 25 lbs, I'm out. But if < or = 25, I might be in. I would have to get our resident PS master on it for me. We need to set up aM-att fund. That guy is amazing with PS.</= p in.< be might I 25,>

·
Registered
915 Posts
how much are you selling for? pm me.
- josh

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Are those the comp series? If so, they look like the comp 21's. I have those in 19" and with charcoal center (only mine look black!?) The comps are light wheels. I can't recall the exact weight, but well under 25 lbs. But, now that I am thinking, I don't believe the comp series comes in 20's or larger. Second guess is they're the 843's?:dunno:

Not sure why I am playing the guessing game.ouich However, those are very nice wheels.:M5thumbs: Car looks good!:applause:
:cheers:

·
Registered
316 Posts
SW--
Myself (along with many others) have been looking for a tire for the upcoming RAC RG4 group buy and the Pirelli 295/30/20 for the rear is one good option since the rear wheel is 10.5". What springs do you have on the car and did you make any fender modifications to prevent rubbing?

Also, for those of you that don't know, SW is quite the track expert. He was my track instructor for TX2K5 when I had my red widebody Supra. Let me tell you, when he took me out in his own personal car, he had me grabbing the OH SH*T handle more than a few times:eek:, but he was always in control.:cheers:

Ryan

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
SW--
Myself (along with many others) have been looking for a tire for the upcoming RAC RG4 group buy and the Pirelli 295/30/20 for the rear is one good option since the rear wheel is 10.5". What springs do you have on the car and did you make any fender modifications to prevent rubbing?

Also, for those of you that don't know, SW is quite the track expert. He was my track instructor for TX2K5 when I had my red widebody Supra. Let me tell you, when he took me out in his own personal car, he had me grabbing the OH SH*T handle more than a few times:eek:, but he was always in control.:cheers:

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, good to hear from you. We just had the TX2K8 last week and it was a blast. I got the Boost Logic 6spd car to go [email protected] and made one pass at 174.5mph! We are trying to get the car ready for the Texas Mile this weekend. I hope to go 230+. TWS was a blast again, I won that event with my C6 ZO6..

I have RD sport springs and I have no rubbing with no cutting or trimming of anything. I had HRE move my rear fitment in 3mm from their standard set up. The only area that is close is the inner lip of the rear bumper cover and depending on factory tolerances, that would be the closest point.

m5baller, the largest size available on the Comp series is 19". I have no idea what these wheels weigh, I will call HRE today and find out. These are 893R.

Guys like I said before, I really don't care what these wheels weigh, I just want them to look good and be strong and true. If I did, I would not be going with 21" wheels..:)

SW

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ah.. I makes me miss my supra.. fwiw had Blitz type 03's on it. Kinda like the wheels on this m5. Which btw, I agree - I don't really like those wheels on that car.

They actually don't look like any bigger than the stock 19's visually.

I think the only wheel to get would be polished aluminum or maybe a black wheel. I think that HRE and Fikse type wheels are starting to look a bit dated.

Like those knedz(?sp?) fwiw. Maybe these kinesis?

http://wheelsperformancecom.stores.yahoo.net/kinesisk128.html

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks Ryan, good to hear from you. We just had the TX2K8 last week and it was a blast. I got the Boost Logic 6spd car to go [email protected] and made one pass at 174.5mph! We are trying to get the car ready for the Texas Mile this weekend. I hope to go 230+. TWS was a blast again, I won that event with my C6 ZO6..

I have RD sport springs and I have no rubbing with no cutting or trimming of anything. I had HRE move my rear fitment in 3mm from their standard set up. The only area that is close is the inner lip of the rear bumper cover and depending on factory tolerances, that would be the closest point.

m5baller, the largest size available on the Comp series is 19". I have no idea what these wheels weigh, I will call HRE today and find out. These are 893R.

Guys like I said before, I really don't care what these wheels weigh, I just want them to look good and be strong and true. If I did, I would not be going with 21" wheels..:)

SW
The 20" vs. 21" debate... I was considering 21" HRE Wheels as well but actually ordered my HRE 790-R's in 20" after seeing your car. I like both the 20" and 21" fitment in an HRE but I'll be running a MOTON setup on the car and I'll have it squatted down pretty low. I do believe 21" will look and function well especially considering the faster cars in your stable!

Good to see another HRE "whore" on the board - I have 19x11" HRE C20's on my R34 GTR and 19x10" and 19x13" HRE 540-R wheels on my Widebody Supra - the faster cars in my stable as well!!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The 20" vs. 21" debate... I was considering 21" HRE Wheels as well but actually ordered my HRE 790-R's in 20" after seeing your car. I like both the 20" and 21" fitment in an HRE but I'll be running a MOTON setup on the car and I'll have it squatted down pretty low. I do believe 21" will look and function well especially considering the faster cars in your stable!

Good to see another HRE "whore" on the board - I have 19x11" HRE C20's on my R34 GTR and 19x10" and 19x13" HRE 540-R wheels on my Widebody Supra - the faster cars in my stable as well!!!
Thanks, please post up pictures of your widebody Supra!

I did order 890Rs in 21" today, so my wheels are forsale..

SW

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

SW
The 893's again, but in 21"? Same finish? Either way, it will look nice. Post some pics after to show how they tuck in the fenders!:M5thumbs:
cherrsagai

·
Registered
126 Posts

SW
I'll post some pics shortly

·
Registered
126 Posts

SW
Pics as requested!

HRE 540-R 19x10" and 19x13"
Pirelli PZERO Rosso 275/30-19 and 355/30-19

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Very sweet!! I have seen that car posted somewhere before..Supraforums?

Very nice!

SW
I'm sure it is on Supraforums somewhere! I've owned it for years and it's gotten around quite a bit: SEMA, Super Street, D-Sport, Max Power UK, B-Scene, Hyperstreet Japan, Redline UK, Speed TV, G4 TV etc...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts