BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about this 2006 M5? It hads all the options except for HUD. The car looks to be in very good condition and has all the options I can ask for. Is $33991 a good buy for this car? The price seems a little low so I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the car. Carfax looks clean but it does already have 3 owners.

Used 2006 BMW M5 Sedan For Sale in Washington DC Area | Honda of Tysons Corner in Vienna, VA

I'm trying to get them to lower the price to $31,000 since the mileage is kind of high at 52,500 miles. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Looks like a very nice car. I must say, HUD does really add a lot to the M5 experience, but given that this is a great deal and has so many other options, it is okay to overlook the fact that HUD is missing. I think $33k is a very good price, but of course you should still try to lower them down as much as you can (although if they won't budge, you are still getting a great deal IMO). Make sure you put a couple grand aside for an extended warranty!

afc1

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I haven't been watching the market that closely, but 33.9 seem frighteningly low. BTW, as a 2007 owner, I am the one frightened! Itr looks very clean and 52K miles for a 5 year old car is not high. I would definitely have a detailed PPI done. Carfax is helpful but not infallible.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I was also curious why the price on this car is several thousands lower than other M5s listed right now. Carfax looks okay, but I know it's not 100% accurate.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I haven't been watching the market that closely, but 33.9 seem frighteningly low. BTW, as a 2007 owner, I am the one frightened! Itr looks very clean and 52K miles for a 5 year old car is not high. I would definitely have a detailed PPI done. Carfax is helpful but not infallible.
Thank you for adding the part about a PPI...forgot to say that. A pre-purchase inspection is an absolute must!
Btw Andrew, don't worry too much, as 2007 models seem to be selling for considerably more than 2006s, often listing well into the 40s (not sure why there is such a difference in price, but it is good for those who own 2007 models).

afc1

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
$33,900 is the list price, they can definitely reduce more as they are showing an internet price on their website, which I assume should be at least 1-2k lower. My friend just bought a 2007 MB SLK350, list price was $33.9, internet price is $31.9k and we negotiated down to $27K out the door.

Agree that a PPI and Extended Warranty is a must. See if you can get a maintenance record to see if all the recalls items have been fixed and what other repairs have been made. That should give you a good history and what service is coming up. As someone posted on this board, brake change is $4k so make sure the car has new brakes as well. Andrewsherman is right, $33k is frighteningly low even though the car has 52k miles.

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts