BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow bimmers

Just like every BMW enthusiast out there the I have caught the "M" fever and just can't get it out of my head. I am finishing school in a year or so and will be able ti get a job that pays roughly $65k CND year from start. am also to buy a house also after I graduate so my Fiance and I can live better lol . we re also planning to get married next year (talk about expenses lol)

as you can see in my signature I currently drive this black on black E39 525i 2001 and I was thinking about buying an E39 M5 as my next car and I know that my wife would be so happy to have the 525 for herself. after looking more into E60 M5 I am starting to realize what a special car the E60 M5 is with that naturally aspired V10, probably the only V10 that BMW will ever produce for their cars.

what are your thoughts on buying and owning a 2008 BMW M5?
Cost and maintenance?
overall experience as a daily driver?
is it okay to drive in Canadian winters?

any opinion would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Hello my fellow bimmers

Just like every BMW enthusiast out there the I have caught the "M" fever and just can't get it out of my head. I am finishing school in a year or so and will be able ti get a job that pays roughly $65k CND year from start. am also to buy a house also after I graduate so my Fiance and I can live better lol . we re also planning to get married next year (talk about expenses lol)

as you can see in my signature I currently drive this black on black E39 525i 2001 and I was thinking about buying an E39 M5 as my next car and I know that my wife would be so happy to have the 525 for herself. after looking more into E60 M5 I am starting to realize what a special car the E60 M5 is with that naturally aspired V10, probably the only V10 that BMW will ever produce for their cars.

what are your thoughts on buying and owning a 2008 BMW M5?
Cost and maintenance?
overall experience as a daily driver?
is it okay to drive in Canadian winters?

any opinion would be greatly appreciated
^congrats in advance! I'd follow the advice below:
I would continue to review this forum as you've been doing, the search function is great!
Start by searching.....
Rod Bearings
SMG -yellow/Red cog
SMG v Manual (if in the colonies)
PLCD
New Battery needed
Clutch kit / release bearing
VANOS / Solenoids
Diff
Oil changes

Then move onto searching...
Best car I've ever owned
N/A V10 power!
Straight through pipes / exhaust mods
Decat
Headers
Bloody hell it's fast
Beast
Wolf pack
Stroker
Sway bars
Troy Jeup
Jcolley

Good luck, stay safe and have fun!

Also, I would look at this thread, as this question was just asked:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/home-page-feature-news/447754-2007-m5-98k-buy-not-buy.html

And I would dig deeper in the main e60 subforum:
E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums

1 - 4 of 4 Posts