BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Man you guys have definitely sparked my interest. I used to be a die hard car audio freak "back in the day", subscription and everything to all the car audio magazines, entering car audio contests and had some crazy set ups in some past cars with multiple JL audio subs, rockford fosgate and phoenix gold amps, MB quarts, and high power alternators to run it all. Now I settle to take it easy and just doing the Bavarian Soundwerks Stage 1 speaker upgrade since I have the crazy stuff in my home theater now:biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
163 Posts
A JL 13W7 with a JL 1000 is $$$... :eek:h:

Make sure to use the JL Bass Control Knob as well...
who has this and where can I have something like this made?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Man you guys have definitely sparked my interest. I used to be a die hard car audio freak "back in the day", subscription and everything to all the car audio magazines, entering car audio contests and had some crazy set ups in some past cars with multiple JL audio subs, rockford fosgate and phoenix gold amps, MB quarts, and high power alternators to run it all. Now I settle to take it easy and just doing the Bavarian Soundwerks Stage 1 speaker upgrade since I have the crazy stuff in my home theater now:biggrinbounce:
Same boat here...I started out thinking X system in X car (be it Logic7 in M5 or Bose in G35 or Alpine in Dodge Ram) was good and then I put together our 7.1 Klipsch system for our home theater system downstairs...

1130 watts of crisp, clear sound that no car system I've ever personally heard will ever be able to touch, so now I just roll down the windows and listen to the music unique to the cars (exhaust note).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, is the BSW system indeed better than Logic 7? Is there a noticeable difference or do you think the BSW upgrade is more for the standard sound system?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I can relate to this as well. Still have lots car audio parts from previous cars sitting the garage. Now I think that even BSW would be a waste for me since nowadays I just listen to talk radio or the exhaust tone with the windows rolled down...I must be getting old :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've never thought I would ever do this, but after listening to one of my friend's car audio, I decided to give it a shot.
Two 12" JL Audio Subs and a 1500 watts MB Quart Amp, with custom made box and matching carpeted cover. Its taken about a quarter of my trunk space but I can't be happier with the result.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've never thought I would ever do this, but after listening to one of my friend's car audio, I decided to give it a shot.
Two 12" JL Audio Subs and a 1500 watts MB Quart Amp, with custom made box and matching carpeted cover. Its taken about a quarter of my trunk space but I can't be happier with the result.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
That box is a monster! What kind of JL subs are you running?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have to admit after listening to a friends set up 2 Orion hcca 12" subs (which would flex the roof and windscreen) I did think about doing something similar to the M5. From what I understand you can tap into the original fiber optic signal using a line driver and connecting that to your new amp.

I decides against it in the end.

Looks a good set up.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
I like the bass tubes in that box!^ Great idea to send it through armrest hole.

There's a lot of good info here, thanks everyone. I'm gonna try to tackle something basic soon, but I've never done audio work before. I'm an electrical engineer so I should be able to figure it out lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HK sub box.

Kicker ZX400.1 Mono Amp.

Rewired sub box for 4 ohm load .

Sounds amazing.

Best part is that if you want to upgrade the speakers at a later date, the amp will support the change, with a simple rewire of the box.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts