BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the car is heading back to the dealer. 2 months ago had front left thrust arm replaced, 2 weeks ago had front bushings replaced (which did help the handling issue) and now when I turn the car sharply left or right, even at a stand still or slow crawl, I get a large thunk at about the same wheel position each time. I also get a creaking sound from the rear when entering my driveway which is a left hand turn going up hill. Will have them look at this as well. Kind of pain to have to keep returning the car until all of these issues are taken care of.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, I am going through the same thing with my 41K beast. Bushings are going and I noticed that the rear sway bar is not attached on the driver's side rear. This is now the 2nd time in 3 weeks. By the way, I found out that BMW will not do a overall check of the car, so you will have to tell the service tech "exactly" what to check for... "issues are handled on a customer complaint basis" said one of bmw's former tech who is now independent of the dealer. He did a check of the car and a test drive and we found about 6 things that I will specifically state to the service tech when I see him... Lotsa leaks and worn bushings. Good Luck, hopefully they give you a better rental than a convertible sebring in winter....
:M5thumbs:
Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts