BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decide to stay in the city for dinner last night. When I get back to my car at the train station it is pouring out and I look at my bumper and think "No way, it must be the rain distorting things". Sure enough, I had been tagged. Not terrible, but enough damage that the bumper cover will need to be replaced.

IMG00098.jpg

I am not sure how to explain the feeling, but I am sure most of you know it -- when you heart drops down into the pit of your stomach. As it settles in, I start to get a little pissed.

However, as I go to get into the car, I notice a plastic shopping bag under my wiper. in the bag is the following note:

"Dear BMW Owner,

I am so terribly sorry that on this raining evening I accidentally bumped the fender of you car.

Please call me so that we can discuss how to get it repaired for you.

Thank you.

XXXXXX XXXXXXXX"

The note was written on the stationary from and in the envelope of the tennis club which is adjacent to the train station. She must have gone back in to get this stuff in order to leave me the note.

As much as this sucks, I do admire her honesty and integrity. I brought the car in this morning and they have ordered the bumper cover. She has already filed a claim with her insurance company. Apparently she hit me hard enough (or at the right angle) to do some pretty serious damage to her car. Hopefully it will all be fixed before next Saturday's meet at Tuningtech!

With all the stories that get posted about some a$$wipe who damages a car and takes off without taking responsibility, I guess on some level, I am lucky.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Yep.......

A rare occurrence, indeed. It's nice to read a post where things turned out the way they should. 'Hope your car comes out as good as new.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You are one of the unfortunate, but lucky ones. I've been tagged and the person never left a note. Screw LA drivers!!!

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:applause: Wow. Indeed a rarity, especially amongst Manhattanites. Fixed or not, you better be there next week!
It was actually in Westchester which may or may not explain it. I will be there, scarred or not!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Always nice to see. When I came out of the grocery store, I noticed two nasty chips in my back bumper from someone's front plate screws. I dont know how you mess up that bad, but I wish it was someone like your lady.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
there are still good people in World... your lucky she didnt know you were a lawyer... just kiddin Andrew:15:.

But on a more serious note...if that happen to me I would not sleep for atleast a few days (seriously)... just ask member TCM. Good luck Andrew...keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
wow you are lucky andrew at least you have better luck than i have i parked the beast in the street at my girlfriends place to walk out to a cracked rear bumper and front bumper they never left a note either thats queens for you and thats what i get for not putting her in the garadge for the whole 10 min i was parked there

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Thats honest. Imagine somebodys wh ois writng the following note on your windscreen:

"Witnesses now think I am writing down my contactinfo, which I am not.

Ha!"

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thats honest. Imagine somebodys wh ois writng the following note on your windscreen:

"Witnesses now think I am writing down my contactinfo, which I am not.

Ha!"
Why do I feel like this is a trick only known by one who has used it...hahahaha

·
Registered
915 Posts
Wow. We need more people like that around here.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Andrew are you going to claim back injuries also ???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts