BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My name is Frenchy and this is my 07' M6. I have had it for about a year and change now, and put ~12k miles on her. Love the car to death. I have owned many VWs previously and have done a couple of street tuner style builds on them, one of which I still own. A 90' corrado with a 1.8t swap, big turbo and lots of other shiny bits. My first big boy car was a 11' C63 which was a hoot, I ended up trading it in for this M6 last year to afford some renovations/additions onto my house. Since I have owned the M I have done mostly maintenance including a new DSC unit, plugs, fluids, and a fuel filter. The first mod I did was switch to an Autocarbon steering wheel, after driving a lot of cars with fat steering wheels I could not stand the OEM wheel on the M. It took a while to get but I love it and highly recommend it, it's a gorgeous product. The next mod I did was somewhat part of maintenance, I installed an RPi intake kit with scoops, filters, and block off plates. The next mod on the list will be a valentine v1 :/ after that I am going to dig into the suspension. ImageUploadedByAG Free1407731500.164331.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1407731531.437242.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1407731567.762511.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1407731596.349395.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello all,

My name is Frenchy and this is my 07' M6. I have had it for about a year and change now, and put ~12k miles on her. Love the car to death. I have owned many VWs previously and have done a couple of street tuner style builds on them, one of which I still own. A 90' corrado with a 1.8t swap, big turbo and lots of other shiny bits. My first big boy car was a 11' C63 which was a hoot, I ended up trading it in for this M6 last year to afford some renovations/additions onto my house. Since I have owned the M I have done mostly maintenance including a new DSC unit, plugs, fluids, and a fuel filter. The first mod I did was switch to an Autocarbon steering wheel, after driving a lot of cars with fat steering wheels I could not stand the OEM wheel on the M. It took a while to get but I love it and highly recommend it, it's a gorgeous product. The next mod I did was somewhat part of maintenance, I installed an RPi intake kit with scoops, filters, and block off plates. The next mod on the list will be a valentine v1 :/ after that I am going to dig into the suspension. View attachment 456074 View attachment 456082 View attachment 456090 View attachment 456098

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thats a sick steering wheel!!! How much did you pay for it and where did u purchase it?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I like the steering wheel a lot, especially because it isn't all leather and would therefore not feel sticky as quickly as mine seems to. Looks good :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's a nice thick steering wheel - I guess the downside is you'll lose the heated functionality if your steering wheel was heated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts