BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Exactly two months from the day of order, my new M5 has completed its journey and arrived at the dealer...

I will be going to pick her up (Indianapolis red/portland brown) later this evening. Now if only I can restrain myself during the break in period.

DB

·
Registered
534 Posts
...Now if only I can restrain myself during the break in period.

DB
Yes, that is indeed the toughest part of a new M5, but be patient. Congrats! :cheers:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Congrats, bro. Look forward to seeing pics.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Exactly two months from the day of order, my new M5 has completed its journey and arrived at the dealer...

I will be going to pick her up (Indianapolis red/portland brown) later this evening. Now if only I can restrain myself during the break in period.

DB
yea that was my toughest part, and i only drove my M5 on my days off...took me almost 6 weeks to hit 1200 miles......oh man onece i broke her in.....he he he hehe:M5rev::M5launch:
good luck

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just go on a long road trip. That should do the trick. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
NEED PICS PLEASE!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Its always a fantastic time getting that call saying, "Wait No More". The last couple hours of work that day were so painful!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
congrats!!!! PICS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
congrats and please post some pics, sounds like a nice combo :cheers:

·
Registered
111 Posts

DB
Honestly, ignore the traditional break in! With the new advances in engine machining and such, a much shorter break in is necessary. From the day you get the car drive it hard.

Congrats on the arrival!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for all the warm wishes. I have a couple of quick pics at her new home.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Bmw

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

The color combo is amazing... everthing I had hoped for.

DB

Reactions: drewzMMM

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh and by the way, The car came with PS2s... It was like getting an extra present.

DB

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
128 Posts
yea that was my toughest part, and i only drove my M5 on my days off...took me almost 6 weeks to hit 1200 miles......oh man onece i broke her in.....he he he hehe:M5rev::M5launch:
good luck
Wow, six weeks?!! I couldn't restrain myself. Took me exactly 2 weeks!

DB, NICE COLOR CHOICE! Love the interior color, too! Don't forget ... 5500 rpm max in P400. No P500/P550S + S5/S6 till after the 1200-mile service. Stick to S3/S4 or D3/S4 most of the time. Try to avoid the S1/D1 and S2/D2 programs because they slip the clutch a bit too much. Other than that, get used to visiting your favorite gas station a bit more frequently than before!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks great... Portland Brown looks great and stays looking great for years.

Now the most import mod you must do immediately Valentine hardwire.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats! :applause:

Great color combination... bet your face hurts from smiling so much.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Congrats, nice combo of color and interior:M5thumbs:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts