BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exactly two months from the day of order, my new M5 has completed its journey and arrived at the dealer...

I will be going to pick her up (Indianapolis red/portland brown) later this evening. Now if only I can restrain myself during the break in period.

DB

·
Registered
534 Posts
...Now if only I can restrain myself during the break in period.

DB
Yes, that is indeed the toughest part of a new M5, but be patient. Congrats! :cheers:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Congrats, bro. Look forward to seeing pics.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Exactly two months from the day of order, my new M5 has completed its journey and arrived at the dealer...

I will be going to pick her up (Indianapolis red/portland brown) later this evening. Now if only I can restrain myself during the break in period.

DB
yea that was my toughest part, and i only drove my M5 on my days off...took me almost 6 weeks to hit 1200 miles......oh man onece i broke her in.....he he he hehe:M5rev::M5launch:
good luck

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just go on a long road trip. That should do the trick. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
NEED PICS PLEASE!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Its always a fantastic time getting that call saying, "Wait No More". The last couple hours of work that day were so painful!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
congrats!!!! PICS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
congrats and please post some pics, sounds like a nice combo :cheers:

·
Registered
111 Posts

DB
Honestly, ignore the traditional break in! With the new advances in engine machining and such, a much shorter break in is necessary. From the day you get the car drive it hard.

Congrats on the arrival!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for all the warm wishes. I have a couple of quick pics at her new home.

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

The color combo is amazing... everthing I had hoped for.

DB

Reactions: drewzMMM

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh and by the way, The car came with PS2s... It was like getting an extra present.

DB

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
128 Posts
yea that was my toughest part, and i only drove my M5 on my days off...took me almost 6 weeks to hit 1200 miles......oh man onece i broke her in.....he he he hehe:M5rev::M5launch:
good luck
Wow, six weeks?!! I couldn't restrain myself. Took me exactly 2 weeks!

DB, NICE COLOR CHOICE! Love the interior color, too! Don't forget ... 5500 rpm max in P400. No P500/P550S + S5/S6 till after the 1200-mile service. Stick to S3/S4 or D3/S4 most of the time. Try to avoid the S1/D1 and S2/D2 programs because they slip the clutch a bit too much. Other than that, get used to visiting your favorite gas station a bit more frequently than before!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks great... Portland Brown looks great and stays looking great for years.

Now the most import mod you must do immediately Valentine hardwire.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats! :applause:

Great color combination... bet your face hurts from smiling so much.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Congrats, nice combo of color and interior:M5thumbs:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts